Dota 2 noobs

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by -Mayama-, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

This is fun. Fuck you all for bringing me into this.

2. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

HEY DICK, I know supports are important why do you think I keep yelling at you guys, kill the supports then the rest dies.

Supports have the spellz to restrain someone whilst carry have the power to take people down, thus take their supports out before they do with ours

3. Lawliet

Lawliet Member

[​IMG]

4. Deiform

Deiform Member

In Dota the supports are supposed to stack the creep camps so that the carry can get more gold, whilst keeping him alive. You're meant to stick to the tank, not the carry, and the carry comes when there's a team fight. The tank keeps you alive, not the other way around. Plus you're meant to get an escape of some sort (like a force stick) so you die less.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  5. Paradox

too much information for new players, you need to stick it to the basics then work up. Right now they know how to stun and buy wards and get items, next step is rotating and pulling, then comes stacking etc etc

6. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

7. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

8. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Well no one tries to keep anyone alive, in this game. I played around 3 years wow pvp arena and despite all the lolol wow comments its god damn hardcore. If you dont 100% look after each other in this game you are fucked and usually never find anyone that will ever play with you again. I guess my expectation in the dota community were a bit to high... about force stick or whatever, as support you usually dont have enough gold for such stuff til very very late in the game, im usually happy to have enough for (not upgraded) boots and one low items even if my team and I do well because of how fucking much gold warding, courier and town portals to be everywhere cost...

9. Deiform

Deiform Member

Yeah it's a different kind of game - you're meant to keep yourself alive as much as possible. If you're going to run in ahead of the team blindly then no-one is going to back you up. It's common knowledge that if you can't see the enemy team then you're about to die. It isn't WoW where you can stay alive for 20 seconds. You die in 2.

10. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Depends :P

11. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Depends :P

Yeah I guess thats the problem, what makes it so hard to get used to the game. The, honestly, bullshit viewing distance and that you cant see whats on top of a staircase.

12. Paradox

the game is not about what you can see, it's about what you can't and what you react to not being able to see them. This game is more than pushing towers and killing them, it's about preemptively reacting to people calling miss, it's about knowing when to stop pushing and when to not save people. ( people trying to save people getting both of them killed ).

And your comment about not having enough gold, this is just because you as supports ( new supports ) havent figured out rotating, stacking creep camps and pulling and lasthitting, if you guys were good at lasthitting you'd have gold from lasthits etc ( lasthits the carry wouldnt have had).

"bullshit viewing distance and that you cant see whats on top of a staircase"
    It's not bullshit, it's just a thing, it's like fighting on low ground, dont do it, you dont have vision and a 30 percent miss chance on attacks. + if you want vision get wards.

13. Paradox

you don't actually die in 2 seconds ( sometimes you do) but in those 2 crucial seconds it is decided if you are going to get killed in the next 10 seconds or if you are going to be alive.

edit:
    "Well no one tries to keep anyone alive"

We do keep you alive you don't realize it when we do, you only realize when you die and you can look for people who not saved you. + you can't expect new players to keep you alive when they barely know what to do to keep you alive. Mayama to be honest you talk too much like you know how it should play it out but you don't play like it, no offence ment but it's the truth, your decision making hasn't always been the best, not saying mine is , but blaiming others for not trying to keep anyone alive is bullshit. Like I've said in last post, if you're dead you're dead, don't expect anyone else to come save you cause most of the time , especially when you yell at us for not saving you, you can't be saved, and others will just end up dead.

Part of you guys dieing so much atm is cause you don't know all the heroes their spellz and shit, and cant anticipate what they are going to do to chase you

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  14. RetroFade

RetroFade Member

Haha, coming from you.

(refering to the lobby the other day)

15. Paradox

fuck off lol, that doesnt count, I knew we'd lose if I didnt get you then and there :(

16. RetroFade

RetroFade Member

I watched the highlights of that match. I fucking loved it (unfortunately my quip got cut off) but all the best bits were there.

17. Paradox

the pl vs luna game? or kunka vs luna?

18. RetroFade

RetroFade Member

Kunkka vs Luna nub

19. Deiform

Deiform Member

Mayama learnt how to stack camps and pull into the lane today. I am proud. We raped.

20. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

You raped we ran after you :P

My personal archivement was not dying in a lane versus 2 invisible gankers alone.

Edit: Using disruptors glimpse against a charging spirit breaker is hilarious cause he usualy ends up beeing stuck in trees or rocks.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013