Dota 2 noobs

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by -Mayama-, Jan 12, 2013.

1. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

These games require a good amount of time for each match, are you sure can commit?
    Because an average match is like 40 minutes for me.
    Thats if my team is good
    20 minutes if bad.

2. RetroFade

RetroFade Member

My average time has probably increased to 50-60 mins when solo queuing SD/RD.

I like fairly close matches as long as we win, obviously.

3. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

I played 32 hours of dota during the last three days.

What the fuck.

4. RetroFade

RetroFade Member

Least Played mode added to matchmaking.

This will be fun.

5. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

Mid-only mode is not for matchmaking. It's just for those losers that think 1v1 in dota means anything.

So paradox can run you out of another game?

Btw, my DayZ guy is loaded with food/drinks, 16-slot bag, and weapons. Tell me the next time you go back.

6. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Yeah, but that's about my limit.

I learnt my lesson now, and after speaking to our group, I think they have too. It was maybe good in a way that he fucked up so bad, it means no-one will trust him any more, which is more important when it comes to standalone.

As for DayZ, I think you're mistaken as to how it works now. No-one plays public hives, everyone plays on private hives which are synced to only that server. We play(ed) on a custom, modded version of DayZ with their own special private servers.

But that stuff you have takes like 2, maybe 3 minutes of looting from spawn to get. It's not really valuable. You can get at least 80% of the loot you need to get going in DayZ within 5 minutes of spawning once you know how. It's really only the high end gear that takes any longer.

7. RetroFade

RetroFade Member

What are you on about?

I'm talking about "Least Played" not "Mid Only"

Besides actually Least Played is a shit version of all pick where only 20 heroes that you win most with are banned. Not worth it at all.

8. CyberKiller

CyberKiller Nyooks!

Me too...

9. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

A friend taught me the basics of it yesterday. I just need to remember to spend more gold and I'll be good to go.

10. RetroFade

RetroFade Member

11. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

yep i downloaded this and started playing with predator and nihia tonight

12. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

13. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

u mean let a hardcary farm like no tomorrow and win it "cough" "cough"

14. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

I would criticize your GPM and item choices (e.g. dagon and agility diminishing return), but I have been known to do some crazy shit.

15. RetroFade

RetroFade Member

1. It's not meant to showcase GPM, nor do I think it's an important factor, obviously GPM concerns the whole game and if anybody bothered to watch properly then you'll see the periods where it's understandably lower (i.e kills were low early on, lack of ganking from Razor and farming mid camps most of the time till later, a fair bit of standing around or doing nothing) that affects it.

2. Why would I get an ethereal blade if my only magic damage output is only 250 (before reductions) from one spell? The obvious stats gain to pile on top of my base attribute gain (40 agility, the most hard agility gain of any item I think) is a factor, but if I can't put the 40%+ magic damage after the initial damage dealt from my primary attribute to use then it's a waste of it's active ability. That's where Dagon comes in. Obviously I need a good magical damage item to make it worthwhile and we had pretty much won. It's trolly and funny too.

3. It's a perfect demonstration of the problems of playing vs. an Evasion based carry (Phantom Assassin in this case), and a effective way to counter. You'll see that when we were teamfighting in the Radiant Jungle my physical attacks (including illusions) had hard time bringing her down. If you noticed if I caught her before she used BKB under their bottom T2, then she was out of the fight. It's also relevant the times after her BKB had ended and the teamfight too, where it helped to prevent being teamwiped (although I had a shitload of armour I could still easily die).

It's supposed to show how an alternative to norms can work that's all, especially if we have more people starting to play.

16. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

You don't have to justify anything to me. I'm sure that it worked for you in that particular game. I just thought of better alternatives for some of your items. :p

17. RetroFade

RetroFade Member

Nah I wasn't justifying it specifically for you, just adding some thought process behind it rather than have 3 people say "Oh your GPM was shit even from farming" when it was clear that was the only response I was gonna get.

18. CyberKiller

CyberKiller Nyooks!

It was fun playing it yesterday, we actually played for 7 hours! O.o

19. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

You? Of all people had fun?
    lol wut.

( farming lane 40 minutes long :|ove: )

20. Deiform

Deiform Member

Told you I didn't scare him away.