do you want bunkers and/or towers?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by gezor, Mar 8, 2008.

?

do you want bunkers and/or towers?

1. Yes

33 vote(s)
    73.3%
  2. No

12 vote(s)
    26.7%
  1. gezor

gezor Member

pls dont vote NO because you think this can be exploited, there good suggestions to prevent it.

there are many threads about bunkers and towers. it looks like many players want them, but some people think this is a bad idea.

http://forums.empiresmod.com/showthread.php?t=5273

dont discuss here about advantages and disadvantages of towers and bunkers. if you want to, go to the other threads about this.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2008
  2. .:Magster:.

.:Magster:. Member

yes to both

3. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

4. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

excuse me but when did suggestions become valid because of their popularity? A suggestion with basic flaws shouldn't get into empires no matter how many people vote for it.

5. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

If you want turrets, bunkers, etc that can be manned, make a model, give it vehicle properties, and make it spawn when a structure is completed. I'll bet there is a way to make this work like scripting in a turret for a jeep. I know someone in bsid or jpl has made a halo warthog type jeep for them just for fun.

6. Cokemonkey11

Cokemonkey11 Member

i agree with sandbag, and furthermore, just becaus this poll has more yesses doesn't mean it should be implemented either...

7. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

The only flaw I can remember is that it encourages turtling. Other then that what else?

8. gezor

gezor Member

yes, which flaws do u mean? as i already said there are good suggestions to prevent exploits.

i personally think too, that we dont really need towers, but bunkers would be very usefull. (especially when we have aircraft someday, bunkers would be a great cover from airstrikes.
    that's why i wrote 'bunkers and/or towers' in the poll question. i just wanted to make a simple poll about that.

9. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

aw hell nah

10. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

No.

I want some better defences, but not bunkers or towers.

I want dedicated placeable infantry cover, I want wire, I want tank traps, and I want earth embankments, I won't get all of them, but I want them. I also want mapper placeable defences and tech structures as I mentioned before, that will alleviate the need for bunkers and towers. Bunkers and towers are either going to be overpowered or useless, the way to fix that is by placing them in the map, as we do already.

11. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

no good player should be sitting in a bunker. are you expecting people to man the bunkers when there are no enemies about? that would be silly (plus it wouldn't work as shown by the un used mannable turrets of empires 1942)

so the only time bunkers would be useful is when the enemy is right in the line of sight infront of the bunker. that means the only time to use such a thing would be if you randomly stumbled across the enemy as a bunker happened to be there. then you need to get into the bunker instead of shoot back, which would be rather pointless given that you can just crouch and shoot them instead of having to run into the bunker and THEN shoot them.

if you're defending, you're not helping your team. you NEED to expand in this game, i can't stress that enough. purely defending is suicide.

12. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Which is why I support the addition of simple, placeable cover, which is hard to destroy but easy to use, and keeping bunkers as a map thing, because mappers can ensure that bunkers are easy to access and cover the areas where the frontlines are likely to be.

13. gezor

gezor Member

14. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

So what are we supposed to do here? Nothing but vote?

15. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

hell while we are on the subject of defense, I would love an anti-missile turret. I would make love to one of those.