Disable BE Engineer Specific Class Model

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by KILLX, Jan 8, 2009.

1. KILLX

KILLX Banned

As the topic says, disable it until, at the very minimum, NF has a distinguishable engineer model for their selves. It puts BE at a bit of a disadvantage in terms of infantry because you can instantly tell who is an engineer and can pick them off before they get a chance to build something/revive someone/etc. With NF, everyone looks the same, which gives them the advantage of anonymity. Engineers are such a favorable target because of what that pesky build tool can do, none or both sides should be able to find them this easily, not just one.

Pros:
    Removes NF's small advantage in locating priority targets

Cons:
    Removes a bit of polish from the mod
    I don't think so, but maybe this was intentional?

Alternatives:
    Make a engineer specific model for NF

2. theotherjms

theotherjms Developer

Not only is this problem a very small one, you could argue that with this disadvantage comes the advantage of being able to tell which teammate can heal you and give you ammo.

When I select key targets, I normally go for what they're doing anyway. The engineer who is building an ML isn't a key target so much as the gren that's shooting your already smoking rax.
    And at long distances this becomes even less important.

On the other hand, my life has been saved many times by knowing whether there's a teammate who can revive or heal me.

I have always seen the BE engi skin as an advantage for BE.

EDIT: I very much approve of the idea for a separate NF engi model. Ideally you would have different models for all classes eventually.

3. KILLX

KILLX Banned

I realize it has its advantages, but to great effect I have seen hidden scouts pick off frontline engineers before the main force arrives. The benefit to the NF seems to be more than the benefit to BE.

4. Zeke

Zeke Banned

imo its like 3x more of an advantage having a engineer specific model compared to the downsides...

5. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Yes.
    You know who to bug for ammo and healing (no mistaking of him being a scout).
    It makes the game look better.
    It makes scouts useful.. (That's like, you want to remove a feature to an almost useless class?)

EDIT: Just don't do any changes, instead.. try to make models for each of the classes. :D

Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
  6. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Anyway it's very easy to assume anyone using an SMG is an engineer, because scouts almost always use the rifle and are rare in any case.