Developer Blog

Discussion in 'General' started by Ranger, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Ranger

Ranger Member

A developer blog helps the community staying updated and I don't mean only the few dozens of vets that sometimes camp in the forums but also new players. I think it would help showing that this mod is alive.

Neoony likes this.
  2. Neoony

Neoony Member

Yep, definitely something like that. The only visible activity is Tama discussing some ideas/changes, but I dont even know if those things are actually being worked on or its just some preparation for work or its only pure discussions and Iam not even a new player.

Also, most if not all recent tests were postponed for rather unknown reasons. ( or some steam content delivery issues? )

3. complete_

complete_ lamer

well, there is a devblog but only devs can see it :whistle:

4. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Dear diary, today Brad talked to me in class. He is such a dream boat, I think he likes me. I'm going to ask him if he likes ice cream tomorrow!

Also I added flying mech suits to Empires and implemented a skinnable GUI it was OK.

Ranger likes this.
  5. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

LMAO AZK

6. Tama

Tama Developer Staff Member Web Developer

Yea, that's the frontpage https://empiresmod.com/ It only has two posts so far though.

When 2.7.0 goes into testing I'll publish a few things we've written, introducing the team and giving the releasenotes (these are also in a text file supplied in the empires folder, and will be on the steam page so that when you click "View updates" you get the releasenotes as well.

As for gameplay discussions, I could indeed just copy over some of the threads in suggestions to the frontpage, to entice people to join the forums. But, that would be more work, and I'm rather lazy. I'm also thinking of mixed strategy nash equilibria in continuous repeated games, but I'm not sure when I'll have any conclusions about that, and whether the theory can be applied to Empires; I probably have to research a bit more first.

Tests were postponed in the past due to problems with the steam pipeline, and it's never been clear to us how long it will take before all those issues are fixed, so we're been hesitant to make any promises to the community. It's not so easy since none of us are working on Empires full-time, and we've been fixing bugs, which cannot be estimated in advance reliably.