Dev Blogs II Discussion

Discussion in 'General' started by @@@@Marcin@@@@, Aug 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

Wow, bsid throws all sorts of shit around, but when it comes to taking a joke, they get all pissy?

lol so sad.

It was a lol joke, please dont get offended, I'd hate for bsid to become hypocrites as well..

(that was another joke)

Lighten up :rolleyes:

2. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

sv_cheats 1

3. Kane

Kane Member

I did not say that anybody cheats or sth. Just that if anybody cheats, he'll have to feel the consequences.

4. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

YAY. :|ove:

5. BitterJesus

BitterJesus Member

I don't think I've ever seen anybody cheat in Empires. :\

Get a fucking life.

6. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

Communism cheats. He has a hack called 'skillz'

7. Kane

Kane Member

By cheating I meant using some tools like sam which allows you to set/unset achievements.

8. BitterJesus

BitterJesus Member

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

Come on, it's not like there's weapon unlocks :(.

9. Headshotmaster

Headshotmaster Member

Unlocking achievements with a tool is fucking pathetic, Bitterjesus.
    Not that you would sink so low...

BTW, I just hope those achievements aren't intrusive to gameplay, that is to say, that the achievements put in place won't cause people to farm them instead of playing the actual game...Take TF2 for example. It's not just about unlocks. People like waving their e-penis around and they do it by getting achievements. Bleh, I've said this already many times...

I guess Im just venting lol.

10. BitterJesus

BitterJesus Member

I guess it's better wasting hours of my life getting some shitty achievements so that I can get some weapons.

:rolleyes:

FUCKING DO THE VOICE SCRIPTS. :rage:

11. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

I hate achievements, how can you say that its cheating to set them? Even when you got the achievement you cant trust any teammate to play for the Objective. Imagine this: While on last escord map all NF decide to go for a "shoot from above while scout achievement" gg ...I dont want achievements in Empires or any other game kkthxbai D:

And achievement unlockers are 100% fine since some ppl have a life/job and want to enjoy their !BOUGHT! game like everyone else :vampire:

12. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

TF2 imo makes accheavement unlocking acceptable because of the fact that you need em to use all the content, and if you are someone like me (sporadic player to the level that i mostly play only 1 or 2 levels per month on a server) you still want to enjoy the content, i did my work to unlock the pyro unlocks by normal play, the heavy i farmed and all the rest i just used an unlocker on because i was too tired of the unlocking and grinding to bother

13. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

TF2 is an example of unacceptable achievement unlocking. Me, and many others, bought a FPS. Not a fucking RPG. You have no idea how many people have agreed with that sentiment when the topic has come up on a server.

14. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

As far as I'm aware they haven't taken out the bit where you shoot people with the guns and get points and win the round, nor have they replaced it with rolling 20 sided dice and if you roll a 1 you get a critical failure and blow your own head off.

So it still seems like an FPS to me.

I just played the game.

Kill enemies, get ubercharges, hit people with baseball bat.

You know, like a game.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  15. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

exactly, there was a part i could not put my efford into, so i took an available shortcut so i can still play the fun and sporadic part and not miss out on some parts

16. Kane

Kane Member

There won't be any unlockables. Maybe some sign next to the nick like in Dystopia for special achievements or similiar.

17. teh_ham

teh_ham Member

So is anyone gonna tell me what experience is needed to code for the dev team or are we gonna just flame until the dev blogs get updated?

18. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Those awards for being the best with a weapon etc. only give vets another reason to stack against newbs, like it happens all day in Dystopia.

19. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

I don't think anything that promotes the e-penis should be there..as McGyver said, nothing good will come of it.

20. o_O

o_O Member

I bet theres going to be stuff that contributes to teamwork like "as a scout, sticky stun x tanks that then get killed by teammates" or "command x rounds without getting walled in and killed while boomtanking".

If teamwork contributes to Epenis size, then everyone wins... except the loosing team, who is going to be farmed... there probly will be some issues with stacked teams farming points to get some achievies.

Also, make the scout rifle, or maybe the whole scout, an unlockable... scunt problem solved without removal ^_^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.