Decoy CV's

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by J1ZM0, May 31, 2007.

1. J1ZM0

J1ZM0 Member

It looks like a CV,sounds like a CV but its not, mainly this could add new ways of playing(a handy distraction, confuse your foes....ect...)

Just a thought (If this has already been posted sorry)

2. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

What about med tanks, doesnt look like a cv, doesn't sound like a cv and isn't one, it can distract, confuse and actually kill your enemies.
    If it wasn't implemented already, it would've made a great suggestion.

3. Caelo

Caelo Member

wow! sarcasm....

4. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

Not such a bad idea, but I think you should be able to tell that it's fake from close-up. Maybe some subtle markings or a slightly different noise. It would have to have much less health, so that you could discover it quite quickly by shooting it.

I could see teams building entire fleets of these, which would get annoying fast.

5. Align

Align Member

Less health yes, but otherwise indistinguishable.

6. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

have you guys ever thought of that there might not actually be any tactics where you would want to drive around like a drunk with the cv screaming "IM THE REAL ONE GUYS PLEASE _don't_ KILL ME"

:P

theres only a handfull of vehicles you can get, leaving out having decoys as an option (everyone is going to see through this, its a useless vehicle to have, and its a waste of resources an manpower).

If the only usefull tactic involves having 20 of these in your base, sigh, im not even going to finish this sentence, hide and seek can be fun, but not if half of your team cant respawn.

(not saying I wouldn't like seeing more vehicles, and decoys with that, I just highly doubt this will ever be usefull, decoys never were usefull in other games either.)

Last edited: May 31, 2007
  7. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I would say: cost 400, health: same as a turret, have it absolutely identical to the normal CV (so commanders can't just look at it from their zoomy zoomy place in the sky and identify it for the team).

BUT it could make a ticking noise. or something that a sky high enemy commander can't tell.

important: ONE PER TEAM..

Everything could be made as decoys, it would just cost half as much and not do anything.

also, I'd say that decoys should be a research branch. it could be off mechanical engineering, there would be "decoys", then you would have to individually code "decoy turrets", "decoy structures", "decoy vehicles".

sound good?

8. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

And how would it be moved? If you allow people to enter it they'll think they are in the real CV, so a hud icon telling you which is fake would be good.

9. KILLX

KILLX Banned

Decoys have been used in other games actually. I cant remember the game, but theres one where you can drop a player model that will make subtle movements like a human player waiting on defense. only takes a few shots to get rid of it, but it proved effective.

10. J1ZM0

J1ZM0 Member

No because thats stupid, you could park on up in a secondary base (Heh if you could have all decoy buildings too you could park it in that) cover the place with real turrets, and you know the other team is gonna spend time and res on that.

That was kinda my plan

Although the thought of 10+ CV's driving at you is kinda funny.....

11. arklansman

arklansman Member

Just lag the server and all the vehicles might turn into cv's. XD

12. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

It can happen if your connection lags, too.

:'(

13. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

What about if they are simple commander made buildings, that look like VERY crude versions of their conterparts, die very quickly, but are cheap. That way they wouldn't be useable, a bit like in WW2 africa when montgomery fooled rommel into thinking he was attacking where he wasnt

14. FalconX

FalconX Developer

Out of curiosity, what is the purpose of this suggestion? I mean, apart from accomplishing something that a skilled commander can already do anyway.

15. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

increase postcount?

16. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I know what you mean Falcon X. Origionally i didn't like the idea anyway but I've come around to it. but i agree that it's one of those suggestions that doesn't neccessarily make the game better- just something new. I like the idea but it's one of those fun unneccessary ideas.