Dawn of War 2 Beta

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by decemberscalm, Jan 22, 2009.

1. decemberscalm

decemberscalm Member

There is a limit on being a grammar Nazi.

But just for you...

"Yeah, that game kicks ass ^,^;" *fixed

2. Hendar23

Hendar23 Member

Heh sorry. I just get bugged by this attitude that older games somehow don't exist anymore. Obviously not the case here. It was just I had this conversation with my brother. I was talking about Fallout 2 with my brother (who is ten years younger than me) and he said 'Yeah, it's a shame I missed so many classics' Missed? I was playing Fallout 2 last week FFS! In fact I rate my Fallout 2 playthrough as one of my top three games of 2008. It hasn't disappeared off the face of the planet! Since then I've been on a witch hunt...

3. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

any new news on the new blood bowl game?

EDIT: nvm, i remembered google exists. not out till june (latest estimate) for anyone who cares.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  4. petemyster

petemyster Member

to be fair, it can be hard to get into old games without having been in that generation. I know that if i played the origional C&C without having grown up with it, i'd have thought it was nothing special (which, having recently played though it, i realised how dull the campaign can be sometimes).

5. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

^even being within that generation is a bitch. i was raised on doom, but when i tried to play system shock 1 (released same year as doom) i just couldnt do it even though it is often hailed as one the greatest games no one has ever heard of, well at least until SS2 came out.

6. Hendar23

Hendar23 Member

That is because both C&C and SS1 have been superceded by better versions. F2 and XCOM and such still hasn't.