Cyber-Kuns Scripts

Discussion in 'Coding' started by Cyber-Kun, May 20, 2010.

1. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun Member

Once again, I work on scripts.

I don't have as much as a formal anouncement as I should due to the fact that I don't have any large scale testing planned yet. Most I can say is that if you are interested in having Empires be fun, my scripts should do that well enough.

On the topic of scripts, these have been built from 1.073 to now, so they are quite different in a meta-game. No stupid weapons, just balanced things. Full balance as well, with Infantry/Tanks/Buildings being changed. Things might be OP though, as I need more large scale testing, but that is for later.

Current released version

Changelog of scripts

If you see me in a locked server, the password tends to be : "awesome".

Last edited: May 31, 2010
  2. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Your sig to scripters makes no sense. I think you messed up the middle sentence of the bottom line.

Also, any chance of a brief overview of the one thing that matters (research tree) before I have to go delving into it.

3. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun Member

I do need to update my signature. I made in a rush a while ago due to how people where talking about balance.

On the side of research tree, it is mostly the same. I only added two new research items in the main tree, and everything is balanced on time and cost. Overall though, I need to have some real games because research is one of the hardest things to balance without playing full games.

The nano-tree, well that is just me playing around with a new tree. I would consider it mostly balanced, but I would expect to have to disable it half the time if people played.

4. Trickster

KK well, if you host a test I'll try get people to attend.

5. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

who the fuck is cyber? quit acting like your jpl, we made a poll on here along time ago to get rid of you!

6. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

Just looking on the research tree. It seems that you have changed nearly every time and cost value.
    And I must say that I disagree with most of them. Also I don't like the major changes like Range Cannon at Mechanical, Arty under Advanced Chassis, massive increase of cost and time for homing/guided missiles, etc...

And personally I see no need to change for the current research tree.

7. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun Member

The only one that is remotely fair is the Ranged Cannon at Mechanical.

The arty got buffed to be more of an end game base breaker, and the power and research time reflects that. The homing/guided missiles have been buffed to the point that they are akin to a cannon, and the reason upgraded homing/guided is so much more is due to the fact that I made upgraded homing/guided a 3-slot item.

However, it the research times are still not as good as I would want them to be. Without large scale testing, the times of research will be off. It more of the idea that upgraded missiles takes longer, how much still requires work.

Last edited: May 20, 2010
  8. harryhoot1

harryhoot1 Member

can you bring back the NF heavy rifle?

9. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun Member

What? I changed all the infantry weapons around, so I like to think it is all useful or whatnot. Also, test date is next weekend, around the 30th. I just moved to Florida over the summer, and my computer that can run empires will be back around Thursday.

10. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

the 50 cal was fine in 2.24 with its fire rate and accuracy

11. Trickster

By fine you mean:

Overpowered for the 5% of people that could use it.
    Underpowered for the 95% of people who couldn't.

We already have a weapon like that, it's called the mortar. Let's not have 2.

12. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

So nerfing it is a great idea

13. Trickster

It's not nerfed. It still does the same damage and the kick is lowered. It's just more accessible now. Contrary to what you might think, balancing a single shot semi automatic weapon against a burst weapon you can use as a shotgun and a long range rape machine, isn't very easy to do. They both need redoing completely.

14. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun Member

Alright, my good computer is back. I'll spend some time double checking things for errors and then it should all be good.

15. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

I miss 50 cal (2.24), hell, now apcs are completly useless against good inf, especially with that ridiculous rpg buff ...
    all you can do now is rush the enemy com with your APC, or camp behind cover ... /exagerate, but hell, up to ~460 res for an apc, only reason to do this is for the spawn point or DU/HE/BIo-APCS in the beginning

Last edited: May 28, 2010
  16. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Teamup with other inf instead of doing alone rushes :P

17. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

How to get ammoz?
    No thanks, ...
    you don't know HOW often I lost an apc due to: Vehicle stealing, complete ignorance of teammates and yes obviously stepping into mines, too ...

18. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun Member

Considering the last work has been in cost, Cost wise should be something like this. I've tested it and it worked well on cost.

APC without anti-tank-mg 300~400
    APC with anti-tank-mg 400~450
    Light tanks/AFV 350~450
    Med Tanks NF 600~700
    BE 650~750
    Heavy Tanks 1000~1200
    Arty 800~900

You guys really do want them 50 cal to be useful though, it is kinda funny.

Anyways, this could be testing point but it is better to wait till tomorrow to start the inviting. I've also updated the scripts.

19. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

Well I miss sniping with my APC, you know? ;)

20. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun Member

On the test today, ironically the 50 cal was useless.