cv's stuck in ground at start

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by =HELLION=, Jan 17, 2007.

1. =HELLION=

=HELLION= Member

hello all, its been a long time. in short to explain my absence i moved to a new place then [very] shortly after i came across a good job opertunity and could not pass. i now work 10hr days and some weekends.

its been about 4~ months and i was kindly reminded that i should complete more work on slaughtered so ive revamped the nf side to allow less of a pinch on there base... also money is now closer for them , along with that i plan to increase the start money this way it will be a less pointless node. also a few more things that i have not decided on yet.

my real question is, for some reason nomatter how high i raise the cv's they spawn 1/2 inside the displacement terrain, anybody know what im talking about?

2. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

Does everything fall through?

3. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

off subject but you should make infantry trails in the hills

that would be awesome

4. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

welcome back Hellion, thought we'd never see you again to be honest :o

5. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

It just occured to me that you should have a look at this thread, as it involves a completely new minimap for your map.

6. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

Welcome back! If everything is falling through your displacements (throw a grenade to test this out) see this thread.

The solution is posted by Krenzo in the second post down.

7. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

It's caused by the difference between the mod's code version and the engine's code version, should be fixed in v1.08.

8. arklansman

arklansman Member

Yeah I had a map do this to me, and the NF cv pulled a Titanic. :)

9. =HELLION=

=HELLION= Member

thanks for the assist, i guess when i did my search lastnight i didnt type in the correct wording ,
    as for the minimap, i plan on doing that correctly this time around after i did the last final compile i found out that there was a console command to do that , needless to say i will need a whole new minimap for this, due to the changes that will be made.

for the trails in the hills... i still do not wish to allow more then 10% of the hills to be climbable. mainly i dont want others to lose fps due to seeing more on-screen , geting up in the hills would allow everybody to see farther, i would then have to increase the vis depth , and that would also take longer to compile.. as is the vis limit has made me rebuild 95% of the map at least 10 times. as it has again this time , i didnt even thing i altered it but for some reason my vis is falling short wich means i must block more , or decide to up the vis depth a little more.

edit: that didnt seam to work, only the cvs fall through

Last edited: Jan 18, 2007
  10. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

i think all that is needed is two ways to enter NF base like it is for the BE base

11. =HELLION=

=HELLION= Member

re / grapehead
    well that is done now, but i also pushed the nf mid res node back to where that opening is , this way it takes both teams about the same time to reach the point , and well gard it.
    im still ploting on the gard towers, i remember lots of com's that would never build defence in the towers... and remember the turrets not being able to aim well at anything unless they were level 3. some suggested lofty ways for makeing the blocks dissapear as well because if you take the tower out the blocks stay and all that really does is make you have to build the tower back to repair the turrets that still fire anyways. and well the bridge, was really intended for the stoping of tanks , i was hoping to set it for an ammount that would take a hell of a long time to build but the rockets or shells would cut down in no time , instead it turned out the oppisit. and with the tower turrets not really doing much for anybody it doesnt really stop many tanks anyways. i hope my new plan will solve this without steping on anybodys boots