CV death-cam

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Broccoli, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

how much lag would there be if there was a constantly recording camra that recorded only the last 6 seconds of footage for each team (and deleted it once it got to 6 seconds)

2. KILLX

KILLX Banned

how would the game know when it was going to end and when to start recording? thats the only issues i see

3. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

... That's EXACTLY what I have been saying to everyone in this thread all the time, with zoom.

And about that camera recording. The camera would film all the time and it would all the time remove video older than 6 seconds but I'm just worried how much this mod will need cpu to run after that.

Because even now the difference is massive. I can play 1.071b almost all settings at totally full in 1024x768 resoluiton but I can barely make my game run around 30-60 fps all the time in 1.08 on lowest possible graphic settings. I think I have only model detail on medium, or something else on medium. Everything else is on low.

4. Caelo

Caelo Member

I know you have and my question was why add zoom? Does it make it more special? Does it really add something?

5. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

You can zoom in and out from a tight place if you want to see where the place is and not only see a cv somewhere.

6. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

well, demo recording doesn't seem to create much strain, so i don't imagine constant demo recording/deleteing would effect the server much.

7. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

I will say again...

No.

This will make my modem very unhappy. Very, very unhappy.

Well...

I'll say yes if there's a client-side checkbox to disable the comm death-cam demo. Otherwise... No. Evil. Bad people.

8. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

It seems to me all of this work would be done server side. It woudn't lag any more for the clients unless the server was using 100% CPU

9. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

The demo has to wind up with me somehow.

Oh. Wait.

I see how you could do it.

Meh. It's still silly.

10. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

Still, the option to do this live without any hassle from demos is there.

11. picard131

picard131 Member

I like this idea, but I think we should make it more interesting. Rotate the view around the CV, and instead of exploding outright the CV should stop moving (if it is moving), the view would go up with the 'Brenodi/NF is Victorious' stuff, and die in a series of explosions much like the Titans in 2142.

EDIT: Bad necro is bad, oops. Delete if so needed.