Crysis > God

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by grayclay88, Dec 1, 2007.

1. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

Crytek: We beat god. 'Nuff said.

[​IMG]

2. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

29,278 OUT OF 105,769.

It used to be in the 3,000s, but i stopped playing, starting back up recently.

Yes, the IRL does have more definition, but Crysis has better models and lighting.

3. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

not to mention soundtracks and disposable npcs

4. TheAllmightyMighty

TheAllmightyMighty Member

i only played the demo of crysis with textures and models ond high and the rest on medium and i was already blown away big fuckig time^^

5. DeadReckoning

DeadReckoning Member

I got the Game, Theres alot of bugs, but its still fun. =x

6. REX

REX Member

except for the freaky alien part..... I would rather have had alot more tropical levels, as I heard those areas alone cost more to produce than farcry and I didnt really have much fun with those.

Also those koreans seem reluctant to die sometimes even with a whole lot of Ak rounds in them.

7. DeadReckoning

DeadReckoning Member

Ya, their kinda harder to kill than I thought =|
    Put on Delta and they speak Korean :D! kinda funny,
    The AI is kinda, jittery I would say, and I lose the feeling that Im a bad ass supah soldier when the Korean made Nanos come on the scene :/

8. KILLX

KILLX Banned

THIS IS BLASPHEMOUS! KRENZO IS OUR GOD!

You BASTARD!

9. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

Krenzo > Crysis

This creates something of a conundrum....

10. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

My crack won't work, got a working NoCD .exe?

11. davee magee

davee magee Member

omg hax!

<filler>

GET OUT OF OUR FORUMS CRIMINAL!
    (and yes, i do now realise i dont need that <filler>)

12. REX

REX Member

Lol I played it again but with unlimited ammoz this time and got this failure. I think its my 3rd person geometry suddenly I wasnt just a floatin head with arms.... I could look down and see my own body.
    [​IMG]

Anyway the physics sometimes do weird stuff, the AI is strange sometimes and I still dont like the alien part at all and it feels a lot shorter than farcry did.

And with unlimited ammoz I tested a few things and it seems that the enemy just wont die at certain ranges. I was cloaked with the SMG silenced and kept firing at a guy for like 3 min constantly and the impacts around him sure didnt look harmless. Also SMG/other autorifles with unlimited beats the minigun with unlimited. Also there is alot of fun to be had with unlimited satchel charges, rifle grenades and other explosives. such as launching many rockets into the sky and then drag a good line over enemy bases.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2007
  13. Destroyer224

Destroyer224 Member

Oh, so you think dual-wielding is awesome? Try QUAD-WIELDING! That's right, two pistols in each hand, you fire one with your middle finger and hold it with your index, while you fire the other with your pinkey and hold it with your thumb!

14. REX

REX Member

yeah..... hmm it also suck that I cant dual wield atleast SMGs and that you cant withstand the recoil better with maximum strength.

15. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

Wow, after all that hype. Crysis is rubbish... I tried the demo, and thought 'okay' that's mediocre, but it must get better. In fact, it gets worse as you go along. The only real fun I had was in crashing speeding vehicles into Korean Vehicles. Stealth is pointless - it's only ever good if you stand still, Strength means nothing as you die if you so much as poke your nose out of cover, Armour is actually useful, as is speed. The aliens are just stupid, especialy the zero G stuff. The Korean Nanosuits were just stupid - nothing to explain or anything.

On the plus side, it was quite pretty.

16. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

I've not played the full game yet - only the demo...but if its an overglorified tech demo, I won't be surprised - it would fall on the same rank as Far Cry did...it will blow systems away for a good 4 years...but have only a few levels worth replaying every now and then for going "ooooh....aaahhhhhh" and otherwise ignoring it...

17. decemberscalm

decemberscalm Member

Upholding the tried and true tradition of

"If you work on gameplay, it will be fun...
    if you work on graphics, people will buy it..."

18. cpugeek

cpugeek Member

My brother got the game for christmas. Its actually pretty good. I think anyone who thinks its just a tech demo are ignorant. At some points, i thought that hl2 seemed to bit too gimmicky (physics puzzles anyone?). Also, anyone who thinks its just far cry 2, again you're being ignorant. The gameplay is only similar in the fact that you're fighting in open environments. The suit functions add a new element to the gameplay. My brother likes it quite a bit so far. Oh yeah, and its really pretty :-)

I haven't played it too much, myself. I've been working on beating the campaign in World in Conflict before i go back to school. Damn, that game is awesome.

19. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

20. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

Yea, FC2 is being released next year.

I wouldn't say it is a tech demo, and as I think I said, I enjoyed the game right up to the aliens, where they just ruined it.