Crowdsource A Trailer

Discussion in 'Art' started by complete_, Mar 30, 2014.

1. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

fuck x:rebirth

2. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

you know... I kinda liked the look and feel of the whole X series... its just... TOOO micro management for me. :( I bought it and I can only play it for a few hours and be like... well im done.

3. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

Same for me sadly. I'd just really love co-operational multiplayer in it. That's why I really want to play Star Citizen.

Anyway, back to topic. Do you guys only want in game stuff or do you also want some pre-rendered stuff?

4. complete_

complete_ lamer

yay many replies
    oh damnn. sounds really good, there's a 95% this will be used. may need to trim down the length though.
    1. as long as you follow those settings in the first post, you should be completely fine. my clips came out looking exactly like the ones jephir posts to his youtube channel.
    2. hud popups are not a problem if the hud is disabled, which is why i'm doing that (that and text/voice spam)
    hope you change your mind, i barely have enough time to compress my own clips, let alone someone else's or editing a video
    well, thats the ideal plan, but we are all short on time so a quick one first
    you can go commander and make your team do this, then fraps it ;)
    if you're willing to contribute footage, then by all means record in 1280x720

also i've heard of reaper too look at me

5. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  6. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

I won't lie, my game recording experience doesnt go above recording a demo in game, so I dont know if you mean that there is a way to play natively and somehow change that res later, or you just mean i should switch res to 720p and go from there.

7. flasche

guys please, if i sit in spec on a classic map show some effort. i tried recording demos yesterday before i went to bad, but empires looks horribly dull from above - i think it would be best to stage something with a few guys.

8. Z100000M

Last time we had Sandbag do that, we ended up with a weird ass scene and the highpoint was a 10+ human tower.

9. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

I was toying with writing a script to have something concrete to work with, but I didn't reach anything solid.

10. BigTeef

Empires, the ultimate first person real time strategy hybrid.

Intense tank battles scaling to 42 players.

Intuitive commander view.

Classic rts building placement.

Strong competitive first person shooting.

A deep research tree, scaling over 100 weapon and upgrade combinations.
    (don't qoute me on this, I dident do the math)

Team oriented combat.

A simple class system varying in multiple play styles.

11. Z100000M

Its not trolling considering how at least some of the points are true..

12. flasche

i have to admit i only just realized how sarcastic it was ^^

13. Z100000M

He even refferenced a flame thread.

14. BigTeef

I was not being "sarcastic" or even "trolling."
    I was being serious, those are the subtitles I recommended when describing the game if you put words on the screen.

Frist impressions and presentation are everything to gameplay trailers.
    You don't want to clutter the screen with graphics, you want people to describe what the game is while showing footage.

This is why I love every modern rockstar trailer.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wSrjYdEgQg

It shows raw footage and narrates what the game is, it doesn't disconnect with photo-shopped images or screen shots.
    It puts everything on the table in clear view and hopes it can convince you in its slotted amount of time.

That is what I think we should go for, but I know nobody here has a good enough microphone to narrate which is why I linked the dbz footage.
    On screen subtitles, showing the game play, showing the uniqueness of the title so its not any other game.

We are competing agianst nuclear dawn and natural selection, we have features these two don't have so lets show off these features and put them to shame.

And that's the goddamn infantry to tank battles, and how coordinated teams is what wins games.
    Not fucking cluster fucks of end game units that can instant kill, or turret tower creep towards the enemy base and spam emp grenades and rockets.

We need to get malicious about this and show them what the actual fuck an rts fps should play like.

15. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

there's only like 20 weapons man, but good enough I guess. It'd be better to say over 100 researchable technology.

16. Z100000M

Thats full of shit as well, as ~half of them just open up paths and not do anything on their own.

17. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Key word is combinations. Excluding weapons, every vehicle scratch the jeep has 6 armors and 6 engines, for 36 combinations of engines and armors. The light tank alone can be represented as 3 bits for the weapons, one for each weapon because there's only one one-slot type for each weapon, giving 8 combinations for weapons for a total of 288 possible combinations of weapons, armor and engine. Artillery tank has 4 different weapons and small arty can be in 3 different combinations for a total of 6 weapon combinations giving another 216 possible combinations of weapons, armor and engine. So we're already at 504 possible combinations and we haven't even considered anything that uses a 2-slot or larger for machine guns, cannons or missiles. NF Heavy alone would have 180 combinations if the only weapon used is Standard ML.

That's the nice thing about the phrase "Over X number of possible combinations." It's easy to inflate it.

18. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

actually there are infinite combinations, because you can just edit your scripts and play on a server that runs edited scripts. There are infinite tanks.

We just can't into aircraft.

19. Z100000M

there are like millions of combinations if you take into consideration that you have 4 sides of armor and can take anywhere from 0 to limit on each unless it puts you over the weight limit.

20. complete_

complete_ lamer

well unless you're planning to keep your hud and voice settings off during play, you can demo yourself playing and then record from the playback of the demo at the desired resolution