crashing in vf

Discussion in 'Support' started by Dr. Rockso, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Dr. Rockso

Dr. Rockso Member

Is there a known issue with crashing upon selecting to create a vehicle?
    So far it seems to only happen on BE, possibly on one specific server I havent really tested it yet as its pretty annoying.

2. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

Only way to crash upon vehicle creation is if you are trying to build a vehicle with different physics (like aircraft).

Make sure you aren't missing any models.

You can also get on IRC and see if anyone is there to take a look at your crash dumps right away, otherwise, just send them to the crash dump address that's somewhere on these forums.

3. Dr. Rockso

Dr. Rockso Member

Fixed it with a reinstall. Of course now I am getting that awesome error where a map differs from server, then I reinstall again and the map will work, and then later i discover another map doesnt work.
    I pretty much have to reinstall every second map 0_o

4. Roflcopter Rego

Roflcopter Rego Member

Delete all your maps, then download them from the server when you need to.

5. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

how many servers have the standard maps on fast DL?

6. Dr. Rockso

Dr. Rockso Member

Some servers let me dl them, most dont. Thats how I've been coping with this persistant problem, I download them when they are on one of the servers that let me (they also have jacked up voting that I cant access by myself properly) and when I cant get the map I need from one of those servers, I reinstall and roll the dice.

7. Roflcopter Rego

Roflcopter Rego Member

I didn't think you could even have a selective fast DL, you either has or you hasn't. And most of the used servers have it.

8. Dr. Rockso

Dr. Rockso Member

I dont know man its wierd, for instance I can dl official maps from Viper, but not from nachos, yet i can dl custom maps from nachos np.
    This is the way shit works: If something can be fucked it it will happen to me. Its a beautiful mixture of being baked to the point of legal retardation and extreme bad luck.