Crash when screenshotting quick start guide error

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Silk, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Silk

Silk Mapper

2. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

Something similar to the first one happened to me last night whilst playing CS:GO (didnt take a picture of error message), cant remember exactly what i was doing but cant reproduce now

3. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Eugh, this one is about as disgusting as it gets. Stack overflow error. It'll take some time to work this one out; in the meantime, try not to take screenshots of the quickstart guide :3

4. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Okay, so the error that you're seeing is just a problem with getting the info from somewhere, but it's not bad and doesn't matter too much because it should just fix itself.

The real error is that if you open the quick start menu and press *any* key that the engine itself doesn't handle, which is going to be any key that can be bound, it enters an infinite recursive loop until the stack vomits all over itself.

And that's when I remembered that that menu option isn't in 2007pires, so it can just be removed in the meantime. It's a feature that we were planning to add before the port, so it can just be disabled in the meantime.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014