Cpatton's thread of being wrong.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by PredatoR[HUN], Mar 5, 2012.

1. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  2. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

3. ViroMan

Who wants to see a few black people in a loop? here is a more annoying loop.

[​IMG]

side note: I searched for interesting MLP loops and there are quite a few... shall we say, distasteful um... naughty loops.

4. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

That and epic has basically no command structure, thus everyone in it uses their brain to some degree to make decisions, making it the server farm to hierarchy's client-server architecture.

Germany thought more or less exactly that 70 years ago. And they were right, at least, right up to the point where they lost.

It's remarkably difficult to rule the world.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  5. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Yeah I guess. I mean, we've honed our way of playing over a few years now, which means that we've had time to perfect it, but also, other people (who aren't me) have grown into positions. Rather than ask specific things of my team in a scrim, I just tell them what I want accomplishing, what their objective is, and let the people involved decide how to accomplish that. I mean, I'll weigh in, but for the most part, I give them freedom. I think when one player dictates the entirety of a scrim team, it leads to predictability. That was something I started to notice really heavily with FN with BSID, until he went to Consortium and delegated a lot more.

But this is a thread about Cpatton being wrong. Which is a shame, I could go on about Empires scrim strategy theory for hours and hours.

6. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

Oh hey, this thread went zombie! Awesome ty Hobbes. Btw, I lived in Stockton for 6 years. Nice place if you have a car, cause you are 2 hours from everywhere (surf in Santa Cruz, wine in the valley, culture in SF and west and south bay, skiing in Tahoe, Politics in Sacramento, and you are right on highway 5 if you want to high tail it to LA for some R&R or Reno!). Absolutely nothing to do in Stockton though, except eat cheap food (good cheap food too!).

flasche, try and keep track of who you are talking to. I'm a nuclear engineer for the U.S. Navy, and I'll really just leave it at that, but I think I have a better idea of where all the nukes are in the world than you do... Infact, since most of them are ours, I can say for certain that I do.

Also I love how your relative view of *importance* includes pulling the African HQ for Coca Cola into a conversation literally about nukes. I wonder if you are paying attention...

Though, I am now painfully aware that we ain't the only ones to misuse the word ain't, I reckoned you eurofagfolk were a bit more high english ed'gicated. Well I' be...

... Seriously? This is your question? *google american base in UAE*
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Dhafra_Air_Base
    http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Al+Dh...ent=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&sa=N&tab=wl

Note the Al Dhafra Air Base is actually a little larger than the Abu Dhabi International Airport. Kind of hard to miss if you aren't a derp, but then again we do make a habit of keeping a low profile for the sheeple. Really, if there was one thing I thought UK people did at least above average, I thought it was spout semi-informed opinions, but defeated by Wikipedia? Really Trickster?

Lol I know of that case. The funny thing is, the US wasn't involved in that clean up at all, and I can tell you we know more about radioactive contamination protocol than Brazil does. And we proved it, because unlike Brazil, we rose to an occasion that is both more recent, on a way larger scale, and isn't even in our own country, assisting Japan ever since we revealed that they had a radiation problem and exposed it to the world:

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english2010/world/2011-03/17/c_13783996.htm

That's 10k people, on March 17th. We helped them with their nuclear health response the entire way, that's why Japan's census between 2011 and 2012 went from a 45% approval rating of the treaty between the US and Japan to a 95% approval rating.

And that's not even in our own country. Do you know how many people get chemo in America? Do you think we have any lack of radiation detection capabilities? Radiation dose detection is not a particularly difficult thing. That's primarily why it would be quite hard to actually get a dirty bomb inside the US, we do quite a lot of monitoring. I lived right next to Stanford campus when a few students built a small tesla coil and took it out to the somewhat secluded Stanford Lake, ran a long extension cord and tested it. 10 minutes later secret service was at the lake (this was prior to Homeland Security).

Also you seem to be mistaken about something, and have an idea that a dirty bomb could potentially contaminate a really large area, large enough that we wouldn't be able to deal with the response.

Lets forget for the moment that we have one of the largest military (radiation contamination trained) forces in the world that could step in if additional personnel were needed for security or health checking, and assume that only civilians would deal with the event. Even if the bomb went off in the middle of San Francisco, and the wind swept it across the bay area, there wouldn't be enough radiation contamination to the public to be a problem for emergency response personnel contained just within the bay area. Contrary to what you might think, radiation released by a nuclear bomb that lasts seconds and radiation released by a nuclear reaction that has been sustained for nearly half a century contain completely different amounts of harmful radiation.

Oh and, as long as we are talking about case studies... Remember 9/11? How fast were we in Afghanistan bitch? Pearl Harbor anyone? Bring your shit... you don't tend to like us when we are angry :D

7. ViroMan

Its not about weather they can be harmed by the tiniest extra dose of radiation. Its the shier blind terror the average joe will go through the moment they know they got some extra radiation regardless if the total amount they received is a weeks worth of daily radiation. They will immediately go to a hospital and demand a full checkup. Then there will be hundreds of thousand of people not even close to the area who feel a sniffle and will go in to have a full checkup because "perhaps they got some radiation too".

It the fact that all these people at once will inundate the medical system and demand a checkup NOW, not 2 week from now. The medical system will be thoroughly screwed over for a good while. It will cost millions in $ for all this to happen all due to a tiny dirty bomb. Im not even sure they population would trust a checkup by an emergency military station. People have heard way too much about the government trying to hide shit and would probably think they are seriously downplaying the severity of the problem.

What does all this mean?

Terrorist Win: Achieved
    Notoriety - Check
    Large Populace Scared - Check

Bonus Achievements: Achieved
    Cost Target Millions - Check
    Long Lasting Scare - Check
    More Restrictions(laws) On Targets - Unknown

8. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

i was talking to dubee (i actually looked, i really wasnt sure ...)
    [​IMG]
    sorry i could not resist, the picture in my head was too strong ^^

also i cant be bothered to answer to the rest. its so out of context that im wondering where you try to go with that.
    someone said swaziland would be unimportant and i said no its the hq for cola in afrika (at least thats what i remember im too lazy to search ...)

oh also my native language is german. i wasnt aware of my misuse of the word aint ...

9. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

huh. Really. That's actually really interesting Flasche, I studied German for a long while, going back there in a couple months actually, and this is the first time I've seen a German use ain't :P.

---------------------------------

We have a winner! Tell them what they won Diane!

Terrorist Win: Achieved
    Notoriety - Check
    Large Populace Scared - Check

Bonus Achievements: Achieved
    Cost Target Millions - Check
    Long Lasting Scare - Check
    More Restrictions(laws) On Targets - Unknown

[​IMG]

Doesn't he look happy?

Again Viro, you are stupid. We have so much ridiculous amounts of freedom in this country, "more restrictive" laws? That's a joke. Whining and bitching about the pathetic increased security restrictions in place after 9/11 still hasn't stopped, and it also hasn't stopped the USA. I don't know what is "achieved", but that's not it. Also Viro, people could have made the same demands in Japan. Not to mention the hundreds of thousands that were displaced by the Tsunami! And yet, some how, Japan's economy isn't in the shitter. Your hypotheticals are outdated and underscaled, the "checkups" won't be demanded as quick as you say, and we will rise to the demand because we fucking do that shit all the time. Unlike in Brazil, not many people have a lack of faith in the US military when it comes to nuclear. After all, the US military knows nuclear better than anyone.

10. ViroMan

A terrorists goal is to do what? Anyone? TERRORIZE! Any bomb they set off... achieves that goal and satisfies them. If they can make a few deaths happen on the side... BONUS points! If they can make that image and terror last a long time... EVEN MORE bonus points! They are not rational enough to know that what they are doing will not win anything for them. That is why they can suicide like they do. Only the people at the top know that they can't easily win.

So you don't like having so much freedom? I care about my freedoms and don't want more restrictions.

According to this data...
    Japan is not even 1/19th USA's size but, they have more then half the amount of reactors that USA has. I would say the population of japan does not fear nuclear energy, unlike USA's population does. In other words you are comparing apples to oranges. I didn't imply that USA is not capable of restoring order. Only that our medical system will be screwed over for a good while.(much more then it currently is(Thanks to Obama))

Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  11. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

sigh, you don't know anything about our health care system Viro. And health care wouldn't come into effect for an emergency. Hospital size and utilization during an emergency is a completely different subject than care given based on whatever health care plans people have / our country offers, which is what the whole health care thing is all about. hospital emergency responce is NOT GOING TO CONSIDER health care plans, costs, or any of that bullshit.

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."--Benjamin Franklin

To that point, I'm not saying I would give it up. I enjoy it lol. Fail troll is fail, or you miss the point entirely, because you completely are ignoring the scenario you presented so get your facts straight. You are saying it's a win for the "terrorists" when they detonate, but Viro, this isn't counter-strike. You think Osama's goal was to make us fear him? Sure, to an extent, but his ultimate goal was power, kill the infidels, show the might of Allah, prevail with the grace of god against the non-believers. He was a highly religious fanatic, and revered as holy. Did he achieve his goals? September 11th was a success in that he managed to kill 0.001% of american citizens, sure, but he didn't succeed: he didn't cause the US to lose any power or world domination, he increased it. This isn't about giving up freedom for security you dolt, it's about the fact that even if we *did* give up some for a little while (like we did), we saw how that changed nothing to weaken our global position (it strengthened it). So two dirty bombs, would NOT, as you say, cause the US to collapse or crumble or in any way even *waiver* for a second. We would have troops in every country with a US base mobilized, and we would be inside north korea AND Iran within a week with the amount of deadly force we would be willing to use (assuming it was one of them).

So on that note, here is exactly how much we will not waiver, and goes towards the US experience with radiation and radioactivity, contamination, containment, and emergency response procedures. The number of reactors in the US counted there are the number of commercially operated reactors. As in *not the government or the military*. BTW, the number of reactors we have, doesn't count our ships either:

from wikipedia:
    Los Angeles class (44 in commission, 1 in reserve) — attack submarines
    Seawolf class (3 in commission) — attack submarines
    Virginia class (8 in commission, 2 under construction, 12 ordered, 8 more planned) — attack submarines
    Ohio class (18 in commission) — 14 ballistic missile submarines, 4 guided missile submarines

carriers
    Enterprise class (Six originally planned, only one ever constructed)

USS Enterprise (CVN-65) — Norfolk, Virginia

Nimitz class (10 ships)

USS Nimitz (CVN-68) — Everett, Washington
    USS Dwight D. Eisenhower (CVN-69) — Norfolk, Virginia
    USS Carl Vinson (CVN-70) — San Diego, California
    USS Theodore Roosevelt (CVN-71) — Norfolk, Virginia
    USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN-72) — Everett, Washington
    USS George Washington (CVN-73) —Yokosuka, Japan
    USS John C. Stennis (CVN-74) — Bremerton, Washington
    USS Harry S. Truman (CVN-75) — Norfolk, Virginia
    USS Ronald Reagan (CVN-76) — Naval Air Station North Island in San Diego, California
    USS George H. W. Bush (CVN-77) — Norfolk, Virginia

All of which are nuclear. Not just nuclear REACTORS either. You see those ballistic subs? Warheads. And we have more.

So when you have a force the size of the US Navy that are trained in radioactive response, that were the first to find out Japan had a problem (before the Government or TEPCO would tell anyone), and that will have an aircraft carrier / submarine near you shove a nuke up your butt (or at least 100-200 cruise missles) within minutes of detonation of a dirty bomb, tell me exactly what other bullshit you'd like to provide about how fragile we are?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  12. ViroMan

I enjoy your walls of text. It doesn't seem to take much to provoke you. I gleefully await for your next reply.

13. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

No I enjoy putting your stupid trolls to shame. Doing research for the military, it takes now like 5 minutes to generate a wall of text that big with sources and well formed arguments.

14. ViroMan

What? No wall of text? I am disappoint.

15. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

My mistake was to google it geographically, given that the map showed it much further north (i.e. where I am) in the UAE than where it actually is. To be exact, it's halfway down the most southern Emirate, Abu Dhabi, whereas the initial picture showed it as being halfway through the most northern Emirate, Ras Al Khaimah, which is where I am. I didn't see the name of the airbase on that image until you pointed it out though, so I'll hold my hands up there.

Also, well formed arguments lol. Cpatton, you couldn't argue your way out of your own front door.

16. -MEG- hobbes

-MEG- hobbes Member

sources. Like Wikipedia

17. flasche

but what is a terrorist?

18. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

Silly Viroman, terrorists aren't decepticons.

Also again, if your arguments can be defeated by wikipedia, that pretty much shows that everyone who had a 1 minute attention span actually was more informed than you. Interesting how that works.Also since all of this was based on the public perception of nuclear power according to viroman, it follows that the public perception of truth, which is wikipedia, is about as good a source as any for debunking him.

Also trickster you are full of shit lol. The map Dubee put up probably had the black dots placed there by someone using mspaint, look at the image quality. There really is no excuse for you assuming it to be in one particular geographical location from that map, it is no where near accurate enough. Come at me with something even half decent bro, all you can do is throw up your hands and say lol. The truth is, you don't know what you think you know, but it's cool your british. The more you stay ignorant, the more we can use your country as a meat shield instead of treating it with the mediocre amount of respect that appeases your lot these days anyways.

19. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

A miserable pile of secrets?

20. flasche

i was more aiming for that its mere a question of definition by the current regional establishment, rather then a universal term. would you call partisans of ww2 terrorists just because nazis defined them as such?
    i dont mean to relativize murder, but its history that will judge. if somehow islamists get the leading culture - ofc its a hypothetical assumption only to make a point, i dont argue about this - youll have the current "terrorist" of 9/11 called freedom fighters.

and tbh i can see how the US is "the big evil" in those regions. that its not a state, but an economical concept, well, not even mootant gets its, how are uneducated opium farmers supposed to understand it?