Costomizable Vehicle Turret Setting

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by pedro0930, Nov 27, 2007.

1. pedro0930

pedro0930 Member

Right now, the customize-your-vehicle part of Empires is really limited due to the strict available weapon slots for the different chassis. Sure, you can put on different weapon, armor and engine, but its hard to create a vehicle with distinct role.

What I am suggesting now is to add selectable Turret setup
    Example: Instead of 1 cannon, 1 MG and 1 Missile, the light tank/AFV can have 2x1 missiles, making it a quick missile tank. Or 2x2 MG slots, making it a MG tank.

This also help to diversify research path. Commander is no longer forced to research heavier chassis right away in order to use certain type of weapons.
    We can also have different model for the turret part which will make the vehicles in Empires looks more diverse without adding a whole new vehicle model.

2. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

There has been some discussion on different chassis types, mostly variations on current chassis, fit for more specific tank roles. These will be added in the near future.

3. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Woot! Devs that predict what you're gonna ask for! You can't ask for more than that ^^

4. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Yeah, i predicted most of the map ideas months in advance xD. His suggestion sounds like the IFV of Red Alert 2.

5. petemyster

petemyster Member

oh yeah, i loved having an ally who was allied. I would tell him to build IFV's then pack em with crazy ivans then hey-presto demolition tank!

6. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

How did you get Soviet Crazy Ivans into Allied IFVs?

7. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

I believe you can load up stuff in allied vehicles in RA2