Contest On [VIPER]-June 23rd 9 PM

Discussion in 'Clans' started by vipervicki, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

look at he mode for the behr... obviously giving him advantage

[​IMG]

nf iron sight 100000 X better than what it normally is...

[​IMG]

2. Neoony

Neoony Member

good game, thanks for the event...i would love to see more like this coming :)
    so bad that i was extremely tired and fell asleep in the middle of the contest (well it was almost the end)xD (altough i woke up in my bed)

Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
  3. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

PDF Linky

You wouldnt believe how much time was spent backwards engineering some of the scores to accomodate Reznov's poor fortune. I manually crossed checked the top 4 results but if anyone spots anything they think is wrong please contact me first so I can either explain why you are wrong or put it right.

So yeah - sorry it took so long but I was a bit over ambitious and didn't forsee how difficult it would be to keep track of scores if people disconnected, yadda yadda yadda.

Reznov was disconnected which kind of threw everything off - long story short I didn't feel it was right he lost out over it so I parsed the console log file as well as watched back the demos to get the story and here it is in technicolour:

Competition 1: Most Kills( calculated by adding kills across all 3 rounds)
    Won by =[BSID]= Harryhoot1, pretty conclusive.

Competition 2: Kills-Tickets (calculated by the sum of kills minus the sum of tickets used across all 3 rounds)
    Won by =[BSID]= Harryhoot1. But you can't win twice Sooo...

Won By Reznov - Unfortunately Reznov disconnected during Round 3 - District and we were unable to get him back in due to lack of tickets. At the time he was sitting in second place for both competitions. However at that time Rawrawrawrawr was really kicking ass and his frugal use of tickets meant he caught up to Reznov massively in round 3 for deaths-tickets. But tickets were already at zero at this point and given that Reznov was also sitting in second on the other competition board at the time and being quite the beast he just pips Rawrawrawrawr to the post in a photofinish.
    HOWEVER... Reznov has Nuclear Dawn and so whilst he takes the silver the prize will go to the next in line (Reznov please steam message Vicki or me about this).

Next in line for Competition 2 is Rawrawrawrawr who put on a clinic in how to gren on district and thanks to his very frugal ticket use in round 3 just about pipped my man Paradox, who disconnected a tad early at his discretion. It would have been tough to pull it back from there with everyone dug in at zero tickets but a couple of well placed nades could have snatched it - we'll never know.

Anyway, Sorry it took such a long time to post these results, I wanted to give everyone a fair shot at it and account for discrepancies.

So there you have it. As you can see 2nd, 3rd and 4th places were split by a gnats pube.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
  4. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Not having a go at Harry here, but I don't see how a competition like this can be remotely credible without sv_pure 2. Harry, without a doubt, got an advantage because of the stuff he was using, and I'm totally with Paradox on that. Those Ironsights blow what Empires has out of the water. If you ever do anything like this again, you have to use sv_pure 2, or I will personally attend with my old "customised" Empires that makes Harry's version look almost legit in comparison.

5. complete_

complete_ lamer

but then you cant play awesome rounds of eastborough

6. Trickster

Well, theoretically, a properly written whitelist with sv_pure 1 could work.

7. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

Do you mean people actually use heavily modified models, sounds, and textures to get an advantage in this game? I have been doing it wrong all along. I wonder how good/bad harry is without his packs.

8. Trickster

It was widespread before the steam release, but the majority of people, in my own clan at least, all stopped with the steam release, because we knew that if we ever scrimmed, it would be on sv_pure, thus meaning you wouldn't be used to having the advantages you usually do, and thus, you would perform worse. I guess with so few scrims these days, people are re-installing them. Their loss when it does come to scrim time.

9. Paradox

Wow so much dissapoint at the empires community for using those packs, I'm proud to actually never haven used them and beat the living crap out of you guys. anyway kudos to azk for spending shitloads of time to figure this out.

10. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Of course you did.

11. Paradox

bro I'd beat you if you didnt have a ping of 300 and teleporting everywhere.

12. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

If we run a contest again it will be with sv_pure 2. we could not use that this time since we needed infantry type maps and 3 of the 2 used were custom maps.

13. Trickster

You can use sv_pure 1 with a whitelist, and just whitelist the necessary map files.

14. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

You just lied to your eyes.

EDIT: bro I'd rape you even harder if I didn't have a ping of 300 and delaying my movements.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  15. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

The next competition will be focused on smack talking. Northern Faction and Brenodi Empire will be locked, we will have a battleroyal in spec. 64 people enter, only 1 leaves.

16. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Unban ***** and make him join, then I'd watch that.

17. Paradox

shit's going to go down!!!

18. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

What have I done...

19. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

You've made a good idea...

20. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here