"Connection failed after 4 retries"

Discussion in 'Support' started by sickre, Dec 29, 2007.

1. sickre

sickre Member

Hi all,
    I'm getting the above error when trying to connect to the Mittoes server. I seem to be able to connect to most other servers fine however. I'm not running a firewall, and earlier in the day I was playing on the server just fine.
    Any ideas? Its frustrating since Mittoes is basically the only decent server available.

2. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Mittoes is one of the servers that has modified server scripts, which makes it not a decent server, but an unbalanced server.

3. Chahk

Chahk Member

Post on Mittoes board perhaps?

4. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

This is a connectivity problem with either your computer network (most likely) or possibly server side.

You'll get this error most often when you are not the default IP while behind a router. since mittoes is the only server that you can't connect to, first check if their port is different than everyone elses.

Other than that, If you can't even connect to the server, it's got nothing to do with the game, but rather your connection to the server. make sure that port isn't forwarded or being used by a different program for torrents or something.

5. sickre

sickre Member

I'm getting this error intermittently. I was able to connect to the server fine today, but if I disconnect and try to reconnect, it comes up with the message. Restarting steam doesn't help but restarting the PC seems to. :S

6. Melee

Melee Member

7. sickre

sickre Member

Problem seems to be fixed with 2.1, although maybe its because I have a reserved slot on the server in question.

8. mitties

mitties Member

I don't know what to tell you :(

9. [KM] The Corpse

[KM] The Corpse Member

An update on this, had a couple of people trying to connect to KM who had this problem.

TCP and UDP get to the server just fine but it will not connect.

Tried up to and including a full game reinstall with no luck.

What did clear it was we think the servers daily re-start, suggesting it may be a server side issue.