Commander's camera should orient north by default

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Cokemonkey11, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Cokemonkey11

Cokemonkey11 Member

When you log into the commander interface, the camera, by default, will orient facing the same angle as the command vehicle. This is particularly annoying if you exit and re-enter the command interface.

Instead, always orienting in the north direction, or as an alternative, recalling camera orientation state from last use, would be a bit nicer.

Personally, I think orientation should just be fixed in the north direction, but I guess extra control can be fun for taking screenshots.

2. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

the camera should be facing the enemy, at least thats how i turn it right after i got into the cv.
    i totally disagree that the camera should be locked facing north. why in the world would you want that?

3. Metruption

Metruption Member

That's how starcraft does it. Company of Heroes has a good take on camera, it starts north facing but you can reangle it however you please (and double tapping backspace sets it to default state)

4. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I like to make a point that it becomes hard/impossible to place some buildings, mostly turrets, in specific places. Like under the bridges in streets.

I don't think I ever noticed the camera facing the direction of the cv, but it's never bothered me, probably like it like that because it's less disorientating when you hop in and out of comm view while driving. I do see why people would like it to face north or where ever when you go into comm view though, maybe it would be nice as an optional thing?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  5. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Ah tits, i didnt really fucking read the whole suggestion carefully enough.

6. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

You can rotate and zoom your camera in StarCraft, but it always starts rotated in the same direction. This should be the case in Empires too.

7. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Fixed orientation would greatly hamper the abilities of commanders, but having a default orientation would be nice.