Commander res stash.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Aquillion, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Edit: Umm..did you mean a user defined XX percentage?...and wouldn't that kinda mean they had to know how to apply percentages to the current res pool?

Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
  2. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

no, i meant for example a button that adds 20 % of your current resources to the commander pool, and a button that does the reverse

so if you have 1000 res, and press the button once, you add 200 res,
    click again (for 800 res) you add 160 res to the comm pool, press again (for 740 res) and you add 128 etc etc

if you have 100 res, you add 20 to the comm stock

its hard with this to add all the res to the commander pool, always "something" is left for the players

3. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Yeah blizzerd, the time you want to hoard is usually between 600 and 800 res before someone gets a vehicle. Usually you want to take resources when you don't have the best equipment, so in many ways you don't really care about leaving any for vehicles. A lot of people take vehicles and don't use them judiciously when you have a fair bit of resources too.

Taking 200 res when you can is a good way to stockpile. I probably wouldn't take 500 res very often and 100 res too often.

I had a different post before instead of that question, but I think i've found a better way of putting it: I don't give a rats ass about leaving resources for the team. Sorry, but if i'm building from the resource pool, and researching from the resource pool in bulk, then taking resources for a stockpile is a lot like locking a vf while you build up res to do some research. There should not be any time where the commander has to worry about leaving resources for the rest of the team, tbh. If you have a commander who will screw you over by taking your res and giving you nothing, you need to vote him out pronto.

Sometimes, I have to lock the vf. Unlike some other commanders I tend not to lock the vf very often - like once out of every 10 games. I only lock for about 1 minute usually, which is often enough to get research done. This stockpile function is a good way to avoid having to lock the vf...and that's all it really is tbh. So taking a percentage...doesn't really cut it.

Also if this idea applies to buildings and research, I gotta admit i'd never be able to stockpile enough to last me more than a minute. I place a lotta buildings, you've got to.

4. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

ya if its for buildings too... na-ah, gana run dry quick.