Commander Keyboard Bug

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Lazybum, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I can't use my keyboard at all in commander view. Like I can still hit escape and tilde key for consoles, steam stuff works. Just none of the actual commander inputs. Infantry and vehicles work, so I don't think it is my keyboard itself. I checked the config file and all the commands are there.

Error loading cfg/trusted_keys_base.txt

I did get this error, but that file isn't in my steampires install. I only mention it because I don't get this error on steampires, so I don't know if it is related in someway.

Does anyone else have this problem? I don't think I did anything wrong downloading the svninstall, but I might have.

2. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Yep, this is the bug I'm working on right now, actually. Not a single hotkey works, not even the ones that aren't commander-specific. This one I really want to get fixed before Sunday because of its importance.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
  3. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

This is now fixed. The Comm GUI had SetKeyBoardInputEnabled(true) which was causing it to catch all keyboard input and not letting any strokes pass to the underlying engine so the bindings could be executed. So we should be good for Sunday now.

4. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Bah, and here I thought my experiments with a new comm GUI wouldn't have carried over to the port. Sorry about that.