Commander hears what is going on around the CV

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by REX, Jan 31, 2008.

1. REX

REX Member

It often seems that the comm or team never hears the CV under attack sound. I have saved comm a few times without him even seeing it, even when smoking in the red from mines and several rockets.

SO how about comm alwayes hear what is going on like when he is driving, but also in third person. It seems strange that he doesnt even hear rockets/shells/HE MG and whatnot hitting his armor.

Maybe make it sound something like "underwater" since you are inside it, that might give it a cool feeling. Like the sound is muffled because of all the armor:confused:. Also so you can tell the difference between noise from what you are looking at and what is happening outside.

2. Bleeding Internet

Bleeding Internet Member

Indeed, I would think that the command vehicle shouldn't muffle the sound of a nuclear blast entirely...

3. Cokemonkey11

Cokemonkey11 Member

ive never had that problem but I guess it's a good idea..

4. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

i like this.

5. De_Ghost

De_Ghost Member

you lazy, look at ur cv!! or build a camera

6. Jephir

Jephir ALL GLORY TO THE JEPHIR

The CV should have a built-in camera.

7. Starcitsura

Starcitsura Member

And a radar, there is one on top after all

8. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

Maybe the comm screen should shake when attacked?

9. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

Ohhh... I like TridEnt's idea.

10. REX

REX Member

Theres usually a radar nearby. And I hate to have to do something when im halfway across the map and people just outside base/in base doesnt even react. Also you sometimes just dont get the CV under attack sound. Also less micro management is good I dont want to constantly monitor a stupid tiny map when I am on the frontlines.
    http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa278/rexkamikaze/ninja.jpg

Like that one look at the minimap no one cares/see it. I just shot a grenadier in the head (to the rightside) and he even came in a light tank. Its too bad I dont have the conversation from when I pointed out that he was smoking.

Shacking view might be good.

Only bad thing I can think of might be if you are loosing a forward base or something and comm is getting nadespamed and so on. He might not be able to comm very well.

11. newguy

newguy Member

Definately a good idea. Has happened to me and many others.

12. Muobman

Muobman Member

I am completely for this suggestion, as I have had this problem before.

13. DeadlyDad

DeadlyDad Member

I like it the idea of the COM receiving at least some notification that the CV is under attack. I also like the idea of the CV having both a camera and radar built right in, with a flashing light to signal an enemy entering their range, upon which, hitting the space bar would flick your map view back to the area of your CV.

14. FishThePirate

FishThePirate Member

I agree with Deadly Dad about the red light thing, except I think it should go off when you're being attacked. Sometimes, in the midst of a heated battle, you don't hear the computer saying "Our commander is under attack" since she says things like "Our turrents are under attack" in the same tone of voice so my mind blocks it out to a degree. It would be good to have just a little indicator in the top corner that flashes when you're being attacked. The muffled explosion noises my be cool too.

(I don't like the shaking idea, it would make it even more difficult to command under pressure, which isn't needed at all)

15. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

Even if this isn't added (and i do want it implemented), at least add some sort of MAJORLY obvious indication that the CV is being hit. I'm thinking something like the red hud bars that came up right in the middle of your screen when you got damaged in half life 1.

currently, there is only the sound "the command vehicle is under attack" voice, but in the middle of a large (esp tank) battle), or if any other voice command at all gets used (which cancels the cv under attack voice), then you can't hear it.