come play xbox 360 with me!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by -MEG- hobbes, Dec 4, 2011.

1. -MEG- hobbes

-MEG- hobbes Member

Because I'm tired of sitting at my desk and playing empty servers of empires, I'm playing Xbox now. Mostly madden, blur, arkham city and some mw3. Also have lfd2, halo Reach, Kinect nonsense and portal 2. Gamertag is "hobbes CO". PC is so much better but couch and fire place beat desk and lamp. hit me up

2. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

if you get battlefield 3 we can squad up and kick ass, I am MVP in most games I just need someone to revive or gimme ammos, or be my chopper gunner.

3. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

play minecraft on your xbox. it looks fun.

4. -MEG- hobbes

-MEG- hobbes Member

ah yeah just got battlefield 3 for xbox 360 for a grand total of $1.37 after discounts and reward points. good bye empires

5. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

You will be back... they all come back. They all float down here.

6. -MEG- hobbes

-MEG- hobbes Member

even if I wanted to play, the servers aren't populated ever Anymore.

7. DarkHorizon

DarkHorizon Member

Get A PS3. I will get Madden If you get NHL12.

http://youtu.be/0Q0Af3srxrU

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
  8. -MEG- hobbes

-MEG- hobbes Member

after a foolish trade that saw me losing skyrim, i have now acquired battlefield 3 for 360. dubee hit me up

9. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Sweet! Add me, my girlfriends gonna be over here tonight so if i do play she will be getting turns so i wont be the best team mate half the time lol but when shes not here we will fuck shit up man!

You got a mic right? I am pretty good so I can give u tips n shit.. I've played bf3 on my cousins high end computer and it looked great but honestly I am in love with the xbox version. It's really not as bad as most console vs pc shooters are.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  10. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

how can you play bf3 on a console? on pc it supports the xbox controller out of the box and i tried to use it for other things then flying jets and it sucked so bad. even for helis a mouse is a million times better ...

... apart from that you pay to play on xbox.

11. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

But some things are more satisfying on consoles, like not having to deal with a lot of other bullshit at the same time.

12. complete_

complete_ lamer

yeah, what grant said. for example, my ps3 doesnt shut down when running a game that is too intensive (empires with any anti-aliasing even though i have a 8800gt)

13. flasche

lulz, the apple argument. if its too hard for you to setup a computer for gaming you probably should go back to school and learn reading in the first place. then it suddently gets self-explanatory ... :rolleyes:
    thats too bad i never had any issues with my computers. none that couldnt be solved with the help of my good old friend google (or is it, idk really, still very helpful) within 10-20minutes at least.

14. TheLiberalElitist

TheLiberalElitist Member

[​IMG]

15. flasche

thats just yourself

16. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

What? that has nothing to do with it. On any console you can just turn it on and put in your disc and THERE you are playing. All the games were made to work on that console, on PC you've got to check with the minimum/recommended requirements, there is really annoying DRM you've got to deal with (steam, hi-command, origin), a decent - good gaming computer cost $1200+, consoles cost $300-400. I never once claimed that PCs were hard to use, and therefore I do not need to go read a book about them, cool personal attack bro, I am only claiming that PCs are more wearisome if all you want to do is play some games. With the DRM on most video games these days, and lack of mod support anyways, you can't even modify the popular games everyone is playing, so gg on PCs having that advantage. One final thing, sitting on the couch playing Halo or COD w/ 3 other guys, while also playing online is much more enjoyable than just playing together across your neighborhood or whatever. Using the LAN argument is void since the only highly mobile PCs are laptops and they aren't meant for gaming. For a good example, look at golden-eye, that wasn't even online but it sure was fun playing with your buddies.

basically, lulz at you for using the windowsfag argument used against applefags when the person you are trying to belittle is windowsfag.

17. flasche

no grant this was the general you not the personal. i maybe should have written, "if one cannot ..."

i enjoy playing racing games, beatmups and jumpnruns on a console - for everything else its simply shite. these days you probably own a computer anyway - its not my fault that so many buy laptops though they actually dont even need one, stupid status symbol - a gfx card capable of playing games for a while costs about 250€. the pricing argument is bullshit - especially if you consider that you get a shitload of "extended demos". for xbox in special, youd also have to pay to play, meaning the pricing argument is even more void ...
    the xbox controllers work quite well for a range of games and my tv is connected to my computer so i can play games with friends aswell (even old emulated games)
    sadly there are many console-exclusive titles like gt5 or forza4, the single only reason id ever get a console for (i got my xbox gifted from my brother when he got his ps3, id never buy such carp)

but yeah, whatever, play on what you want ...

18. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

19. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Personally, I enjoy platformers and third-person shooters on consoles, because I feel like consoles give smoother movement that flows better. And I prefer games that require precise aiming on computers more, simply because I'm better with a mouse than an analog stick.

And a good gaming computer costing 1,000$ to 1,200$? Christ, what kind of shitty overpriced place are you getting the computer from? I pull an average of 60 FPS in combat in Empires on maximum graphics (excluding bloom/HDR) and my rig only cost me 700$.

20. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

I have a blast playing on my xbox, its a much more casual experience. I like using my giant HD tv and my couch. I don't have any real life friends who play PC games but on XBOX I have at least 20 friends who I play with and know in real life and I am the type of gamer who doesn't play unless its with a friend.

I am not trying to do this fagboyism shit with you flasche, I am glad you like PC and I do too but xbox is more enjoyable to me. BF3 is hella fun on consoles(it was developed for them) I can't really explain why exactly. It's just fun, however I do like that on consoles no one has an advantage with frame rate or the ability to hack like they do on computers. Im not gonna get some virus or have my xbox minimize during a game for a windows update or restart. Also its great on my surround sound system on my TV.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2011