Comcast Charging me after I move?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Metal Smith, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

So, I moved from indiana to washington state. Every debtor I have closed down the information with me, including Gas company and electric company, rent, etc etc all good to go, done with.

Comcast insists that, though I had my own cable modem that is now in a box after I moved. I know the last month my account showed 0 mb used on the internet connection after I closed the account. So I know it wasn't that they think I used the internet, they just kept charging me for 4 months for services that were never delivered.

It's been sent to a collections agency, I'm probably going to end up asking them to provide proof of the debt for what services etc. Anything else I should do?

2. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

So... you told everyone except them to turn off?

3. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

I'm fairly certain I told them. I don't see any reason why I wouldn't have after going through every other place. My bills stopped coming via email and post mail, then I get a collections letter today.

4. Lawliet

Lawliet Member

Why you don't trust a company like Comcast. Cause they're fucking cunts.

5. ViroMan

cuntcast?

6. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

So why washington? Ejoying supervolcanoes, or just trying to bask in canadian awesomesouce?

7. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Keep all paper work, get a letter from the landlord or current owner confirming the date you moved & review your comcast ToS to ensure you have a case - they may have a minimum contract period or cancellation period for the service.

8. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Where'd you move to in Washington? Now we got like four people in the Northwest US.

9. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

Bonney Lake,

Going to Community college for a year or so and hopefully transfering to a 4 year after.

I should still have the moveout date information I got from my previous landlord, the contract period was a special deal for 1 year and I never signed anything to renew a contract, so it shouldn't be that. I may have screwed myself with not saving emails from it all, but I hadn't received any communication with them, so I thought it was done.

I checked online when I got out here and it showed that I had transfered 0 gigs of information on my internet connection. I want to ask the collection agency to provide proof of debt, and for comcast to show what services I should be paying for. If I have not received any services from them, I should not be paying for their services.

Although, since I don't really have any money, that's all moot point and I'm not gonna pay :P

10. Hygrom

Hygrom Member

You are too close to Tacoma to be safe.

11. ViroMan

azk is right.. it might have been due to contract time still left.