Classes (must be split)

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Qwerty, Jun 14, 2006.

1. BlueShirtsFan

BlueShirtsFan Member

Just about everything you said in your previous post was my whole arguement only you put faith into people playing the game the way it's supposed to be.
    I came in this thread suggesting a class that I feel there should be if we do have the probelsm I described. Even though it's a if, I really believe it will happen, and it will be hard to know unless someone is spectator and followed the player around making sure they are playing properly.
    If there is a problem, I'm open to all sorts of ideas.The only one suggested so that I don't agree with is the Commander just locking the aircraft factory. Because then you need to rely on another person.
    Though time will tell right?

2. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

yup, time will tell

3. Angry

Angry Junior Member

I think a pilot class is a pointless idea, I don't know why you can't see the point falcons trying to make, shirtsfan.

4. BlueShirtsFan

BlueShirtsFan Member

Did you read all that I said, because there is no way I'm repeating myself again.

5. Angry

Angry Junior Member

Look, I know its an "IF" but what he's trying to say is if it comes to that its not a very good solution then he states further on why its not.

6. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i do not think it is a great solution too, but i allso advise that we wait thisone out, lets see how the planes will be before trying to change them

lets continue this discussion as soon as the planes are fully tested

ok?

7. BlueShirtsFan

BlueShirtsFan Member

No, I already answered the question, I already said I'm not repeating myself. His arguement was that it takes away the Freedom of players. I doubt you would have much freedom of choice if your in the sky and the only freedom that it gives is screwing up the game for others.

Like I said a few times before if you read what I said Angry, is that this class would probably be the only way to prevent people from wasting money as it'd take away long range attacks. But I also said I'm open for many other ideas, my point is to stop people from misusing aircraft, not to just get a class in. If there is a better way I wouldn't be arguing for a class to get it.

Am I speaking to walls? Or do people just HATE the idea of another class that they just read over what I've been saying?

8. FalconX

FalconX Developer

Who are you answering in your last 2 posts blueshirt?

9. BlueShirtsFan

BlueShirtsFan Member

Angry and Angry. :P

10. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

blue, i read all what you psted, i do not agree with it thoug

the aircrafts are not in the game, so you cant stop people from misusing them

the pilot class woud hardly be the only idea that can be used, and it is not even the best idea

it basically wont work, players will switch to pilot, get in an expencive plane and start doing summersalts and other cool, but totally useless crap, then they will be shot down

or other crap

just let the tread rest, and dont get angry, only fix the problems when they adress themselves, so you wont fix problems that you wont get in the first place

(millenium bug anyone???
    computers wont crash becous there date resets !!!! i actually try'd it with windows 95 and 98 when they told it on the news
    the date just went back to 1 january 1980 or somthing, but worked perfectly fine allso i will not respond on any silly discussions started about any of the above i wrote, let the tread ether die or rest)

11. Angry

Angry Junior Member

Are you sure, because what your saying isnt making a whole lot of sense. And I never really asked you to repeat yourself.

12. BlueShirtsFan

BlueShirtsFan Member

Aircraft will be in the game, and I stated before I'm going on expierence by seeing other players useing aircraft as transports and just that. Only difference is that it actually will cost the team in empires when a player misuses them.
    How many times did I say that the Pilot class isn't the only idea? How many times did I say that I think this would be a good idea and I only posted that idea in this thread because it's based on classes???

You told me you read everything I wrote and yet I have to repeat myself once again. Did I not say that I didn't want the player to go out just to hop out of the plane and "DITCH" it(not doing stunts), so that they could get kills? I said that I wanted this class to have weapons with limited range so that ranged classes don't buy a aircraft just to fight certain battles without using the aircraft at all except for their own transportation.
    The whole stunt thing is not what I'm exactly worried about because their isn't alot of gain their for a solitary player and is more obvious since he's flying around. You won't always know a player bought a aircraft just to ditch it a few minutes later when he on a very large map.

I was just suggesting a class with my opinion that would I feel would actually be needed then any other class! Don't get angry you say? Stop making me repeat myself! I answered the same question, by you two-three times already in this thread and you still keep asking me.

I already said before I don't mind other ideas and I don't mind in waiting to see how things work out, and didn't you and me already agree on that? Do you have short term memory? It's only a page back...

And Angry,
    Doesn't make sense, I'll make it alittle more simple for you then. And you are basicly making me repeat myself because I have to constantly explain the samething over and over and the only arguement I get is it takes away the freedom from the game. And I still can't figure out what freedom you exactly need with a aircraft as you can't just hop out of it and why would you want to except where there is damage done to it already. And all these people are saying it will be a useless class and thats before weapon load out and skills are added which can be discussed and added further, though I proabably wouldn't take part in that discussion.

I answered Falcon, he made a point that it'd take away freedom, I believe I answered that question from someone before him. Which is why I responded with this because I hate repeating myself, again and again....
    You are still agreeing with Falcon here correct? This was my direct responce to you-
    Why did I say that the freedom willl just be screwing with other's game's? Because they will just fly near a enemy base or just wjere a enemy took a spot, or fly to a resource node unprotected by the enemy and start throwing mortor down on the enemy, using their rifles shooting froma range behind the enemy, and so on just to get their personal glory. If they are killed then they wasted money on a aircraft, if they ditch and run away they again wasted the teams money. I don't believe the aircraft should be a reason for a player to buy it so they can get someplace quickly looking for revenge on a player that killed them all the way across the map.
    Like I said earlier I don't think it will happen often, and the only way a team will know a player screwed them over in basicly stealing money from the team is by seeing the hit on resources. And they said that the maps will be getting bigger for aircraft so I can only guess that hold resources will be all the more important and people doing this will only hurt the team. Thats my point.
    I'm open for all sorts of ideas, but so far the only one I don't agree with is relying on the Commander to be the one to stop this kind of play because it still makes it very possible.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2006
  13. Qwerty

Qwerty Member

I do. In BF2, whenever I am medic, I take the stance of a combat medic. I fight with my fellow soldiers and I do whatever is possible to revive/heal my soldiers despite the danger. Quite much of the time, I am very successful. Infact, it's very fun and enjoying to be a medic doing this style of gameplay. The action, drama, and adventure is very thrilling. I'm pretty positive you would be very to somewhat thankful of being revived.

Also that reminds me. When one person dies, they should drop a backpack or a small beacon that any teammate may go over and quickly punch in an ID Code to change to whatever class that player was. Suicides would not drop a beacon or anything, and must make a minimum of x points or kills to allow a beacon to drop (this being to prevent trollers to help someone 'cheat' their way through).

Now about Scout being a super-commando is very ironic. Just go look up what a "scout" is, and it is nothing near being a super commando. The abilities this 'super commando' performs can be summarized as a 'demolitionist.' I don't see how one can argue against this simple fact. For every game I have approached, a Scout has always been a scout, not a "super-commando" or demolitionist.

It's good not to have too little or too many classes; if you had too little, it'd be or get very redundant easily. If you had too many, you would lack enough players for the right classes. But to state my point and my case, the 4 current classes is too little and crammed. I would personally prefer no more than 7 classes, and no less than 5.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2006
  14. FalconX

FalconX Developer

I'm all for it. :p

But there are already what would effectively be 6 classes in any other game. Scout, grenadier, engineer, assault, rifle assault, and heavy machinegunner. That's excluding skills and whatever else might change the role you play. The classes are customizable for a reason.

15. BlueShirtsFan

BlueShirtsFan Member

I don't think the medic class and engineer class could be split since this game requires building up a base. The engineer would out weigh the medic in many ways if the class was split between the two.
    I can't really think of any other classes that can be added with the current release form.