Classes (must be split)

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Qwerty, Jun 14, 2006.

1. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

Number 1: pilot class: Where is the flexibility? what does it add to the game? yes, it can be irritating to be killed by an assault class in a tank, but making people who drive tanks so pointlessly crap wouldn't improve the game at all. how would it? why would it be fun? all the flexibility and reliablility is lost as Pilots in Arty's anihilate your base and never need to exit their vehicles anyway. are you HONESTLY proposing to intoduce a new class, to make the game more complicated and irritating (i.e introducing more "i wish i had a ... nearby " scenarios) simply because you have been killed by a man jumping out of a tank? Plus take in mind: what happens when you are a pilot without a vehicle? ¬Kill is what. you are no longer useful to your team. any progress you have made is lost as you kill yourself and make yourself respawn to spend yes more res on a vehicle the team doesn't need but the player feels like being an incredibly destructive driver.

Number 2: Sniper Rifle for scout: hahaha. hahahahahaha. HAHAHAHAH AHA. i laugh in your face. you noob. you imbicil. firstly, this weapon is ALREADY a powerful sniper rifle, able to kill in a matter of shots any other class at a distance that makes their shots useless. thus, you are invincible. if you think that sniping is hard then you are doing it wrong. in this game, unlike most others, you cannot kill anyone you can see with the rifle, no, not if they're across the map. you have to range yourself. learn the required distance. you will still be generally invincible to their fire, and be able to easily support the team but you can't just run around the gigantic and detailed maps, blowing everyone apart. if you were actaully able to use the rifle, like some people *ahem*, you would know that it is easy to get 3:1 kill death ratios and further. you never need to die. you noob.

that's my two pence.

2. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

that "noob" thing wasn't anything personal to anyone in this topic. only generally to people who support the sniper rifle and pilot class ideas.

3. FalconX

FalconX Developer

TheLoneTaco, I apologize, but I fail to see the connection between adding a new class with the express purpose of restricting the other classes, and keeping class distictions in order to fulfil battlefield roles.

Everything is wrong with balancing vehicles by adding another class, because that would fundamentally alter gameplay in order to accomplish something that could be easily done through less drastic means. It is still planned, as I'm sure I've mentioned several times by now, to tie infantry into the research tree. So that point is moot.

More variable vehicle restrictions are planned to be added: you will be able to restrict vehicles by player, and will probably be able to restrict vehicles by type as well. So that argument also falls.

Would you suggest adding a "jeep driver" class to eradicate misuse of jeeps?

Other, more specific things wrong with the pilot class: 1)the pilot has no incentive to survive after his aircraft has been shotdown. Which can also be extremely frustrating. So the pilot suicides. 2) can you see half the players on a team spawning as pilots and then bitching on the airpad? I can. It isn't pretty.

4. Bodrick

Bodrick Ye Olde Supermod

Just make it take longer to get out of vehicles (and be able to be shot while doing so), and it will make it much better :)

5. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

make an ejection seat, on pressed the assigned button, you get ejected after 5 seconds (shot upwards and deployed with a parashute maybe? (can be made a bit "fictionized" to fit in empires, like an escape pod, like headcrab cannisters, getting you safe to the ground or somthing)

if ejected, you lose any extra ammo you carry, besides the clips IN YOUR GUN (so the bullets who are loaded,) it woud be done to save weaght for the parashute

and while dropping, you can still be killed (maybe rocket turrets home in on your headcrab cannister?

6. Tarantio

Tarantio Member

Planes arent MEANT to be ejected from!
    Ejection is meant for extreme situations when the plane cant be saved!
    In real life people dont fly mindlessly around towards AA guns, shooting themselves and their own team before crashing into an enemy vehicle to do any damage.

I reckon it could be fun to not include the ejector seat.
    If you only have one clip of ammo (In a pistol) then what are you going to do if your actually facing some? threaten them with throwing the gun at them?
    Somehow I doubt that would work.
    = Pilots would be usless in combat
    Which therefore means they have no use for an ejector seat.
    So they either die by being blown up in the air, or head back to base for repairs.
    Even though I doubt this would ever happen.. can you understand my point?

7. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i was not including the pilot into my idea, cous pilot is the worst idea ever in this forum (sorry, but true) and bailing out is very commen
    shall i make a list of planes where you can bail out from as pilot AND passanger?

think of a chinouk helicopter, (coud be bad spelled) 45 soldiers can be transported in it

it has 60 parashutes with it at all times, just in case...

in any military, lives are put above gear
    gear (vehicles, guns, etc) cant fight on them selves, soldiers can fight without gear, (they woud inprovise, like making plastic explosives or other mcgiver stuff iraqi terrorists use every day to fool the cia (if no explosive is buyed, CIA cannot trace down where explosives are kept, so (smart) terrorists make there own by buying common materials, like shampoo, nails, natriomsulfate, clay and sink cleaning products and building there bombs themselves, you can even make a hidrogen bomb out of 50 liters water and a few large 50 volt battery's and has the power of a tactical nuclear warhead, anyone interested can pm to me for the recepy, but only if you prove your over 18 and dont go killing ppl)

8. Tarantio

Tarantio Member

Yeah I know that they all / most have ejector capabilities, as they have to follow safety guide lines.

I was just pointing out that in the video game, what is a pilot actually going to DO after he's jumped out? get shot at? Yes.

I'm not saying your idea sucks. It's reasonable; sensible.
    I'm saying that a lot of players will just fly 'n' die :P

I'd also like to just congratulate you on how good your English is. I envy you massively for being able to understand two+ languages!

9. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

TY,

:D i am really flattered :D
    now my day cant go bad anymore :)

and on the idea, your prob right, it woud make planes BF1942/vietnam/2 alike

just fancy transport nobody uses besides as taxi

in belgium we get all sorts of languages in mid class, like french, german, english, latin, chineese, and others

but i only got french and a bit of german language, i really regret it thoug
    i tought myself english with american movies and forum posting, i dont really master it yet, but i have some basics i hope :D

10. BlueShirtsFan

BlueShirtsFan Member

Are all aircraft going to cost the same as a jeep with the best armor and weapons? Even without those at the bare minimum, will they cost anywhere near a jeep?
    Jeeps being used as a battering ram on tanks was a misuse as it is only a transportatoin vehicle, and it was fixed. What will we do with aircraft when they are used as jeeps when they aren't a cheap transportation vehicle?

11. FalconX

FalconX Developer

Oh snap! I suppose it would be up to the commander to restrict aircraft more heavily then jeeps.

12. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

if you build an airplane you first neet the commander to approve it

the commander gets a pop up where he can ether...

grant you the airplane configuration, (as in, you get what you want)

dissmis it, (as in not granting you to build it)

finetune it, (as in changing a weapon to a cheaper one for budget resons)

if nothing is selected by the commander within 15 seconds, the airplane is automaticly granted

the commander can allso disable player building of airplanes if he has no time for it

13. BlueShirtsFan

BlueShirtsFan Member

I can go with that if we have alot of good Commanders. Adding the class just seems like a better way of stopping the people that will go out buy a aircraft then fly it as transportation and forget about it. One good way of stopping a person from doing this is not giving them the option. How was the exploiting of people building ladders of turrets to get on top of a hill stopped? The option was taken away. Was it ment to be in the game, no, but it is still an example on how to stop players from doing something that it's not ment for.

The class seems to be the best idea in just making sure it's not used for getting a good position to kill other infantry. The only reason you guys don't want it is because like everyone else on these boards, another class is dreaded. I'm suggesting a class as a deterrent, not something I'm going to enjoy playing all the time.

This was a thread about classes. I think if there was to be a different class it'd be one for aircraft, as they aren't in yet so obviously this class wouldn't effect gameplay the way it is now. I'm discussing a possibilty for a class that'd actually prevent gameplay I don't like from other games. If you want we can start another thread on how to deter people from using aircraft the wrong way and not discuss classes only.

14. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Im all for adding a "Pilot/Driver" Class, Could have alot of veichle bonuses, but no Infatry buffs what so ever.

The only veichle that needs this are planes, It seems like they are going to be fairly expensive, and you will be able to deviate between two focuses of ressearch, the "Tank Tech" and "Plane Tech"

The only think that I am afraid of and is the reason of me supporting the "Pilot Class/Skill" Is to prevent compleate and utter nubs from getting their hands on a plane, I can see so many things going wront; tanks are atleast safer(They dont fly around)

Some insentive must be given for not using the planes as transportation veichles that can be just ditched, and the cost by itself I dont think is enough...

If another Idea comes around that gives more reasons to stay "attached" to your veichle comes around I will support it even more than this Pilot stuff...

15. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i am against it, it woud take the vehicle freedom out

i can hear "pilots" screem allready

n00b h4xor gemme your tank, im a pilot

and

IM A PILOT! I CLAIM THIS VEHICLE GEMME GEMME GEMME HAXOR

16. BlueShirtsFan

BlueShirtsFan Member

Should every class get the ability to build turrets, lay mines, or or turn invisible? I'm, it's taking away the freedom of options right?
    So far, I don't see people getting out of their tanks to fight people when they can stay in them. So if their was a driver class, I doubt it'd take any "FREEDOM" away from players when I don't see tank drivers popping out to build a turret, I don't see scouts jumping out of their tanks just to use as cover for their Hide skill. I never have seen even a Grendaier getting out to lay mines. May it happen, sure, but I never seen it. And besides, what freedoms do you get exactly when your only chance with a aircraft is in the sky and your a sitting duck on the ground?
    All the pilot would do is add another deterent against players using them as ditch transports to go off and fight a infantry battle. The only "freedoms" you talk of when it comes to aircraft is ditch transportation.

What's a h4xor? Or a gemme for that matter.

On people claiming vehciles, it wouldn't be any different then now, If you didn't buy it, it's not yours. And the pilot is only for aircraft where I can see the problem.

17. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

If you haven't seen it happen, you haven't played enough. Pretty much everybody will pop out of a vehicle if you get in close, as they can't aim low enough to hit you with the vehicle weapons.

"h4xor" is leetspeek for hacker. "gemme" was a creative spelling of "gimme," intending to portray just how much of a noob the speaker was.

18. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i was trying to talk like a counterstrike 1.6 player,

accourding to rumors they really talk that way!

19. BlueShirtsFan

BlueShirtsFan Member

I have been playing since the beginning. Honestly haven't seen it done unless a tank has gotten stuck.
    But even if it does happen, I don't think it'd be a problem with aircraft unless they have engineers jumping on to planes to deconstruct them :P.

Thanks for explaining the meaning of those words(I think?).

20. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

maybe it woud be good to only be able to get out of a vehicle if it is landed?