CL_CopyExistingEntity disconnect

Discussion in 'Support' started by Krenzo, Jan 2, 2008.

1. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

If you're getting the CL_CopyExistingEntity disconnect bug, record a demo, and write down the entity number it said. Playback the demo, and go to the end of the demo right before you were disconnect. Turn cheats on with "sv_cheats 1", and then type "cl_showents". It will print a list of all entities in game, and you can find the number that it told you it crashed on. Then, tell me what it says next to that number.

2. [REGS]_Hitman

[REGS]_Hitman Member

I've been getting dropped from this error nearly every single map that I have played today. I am unable to take a demo right now but I will reserve this space for later. It's getting quite frustrating as I've been playing Empires for a few days without any problems.

3. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

4. [REGS]_Hitman

[REGS]_Hitman Member

Yes I installed it immediately after installing Empires. Yesterday when I kept getting dropped I tried to re-install the client-hotfix as I thought that might be it. I'm going to take a demo today and try to get this figured out, Empires is quite a fun game and I would love to fix my drop issue.

5. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

I haven't heard of anyone having this problem after installing the patch.

6. [REGS]_Hitman

[REGS]_Hitman Member

Well so far it has not happened again, I might have preemptively jumped the gun. *crosses fingers*