CivWorld

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by MOOtant, Jul 25, 2011.

1. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Is anyone playing it? I'm playing since few days and it's not that bad. Some parts of it suck because they require a lot of teamwork between people but 90% of your team is offline.

I'd like to see 50-100 player civilizations in war or something, that could be quite cool.

2. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

I didn't know about it but now that I do it looks interesting. Does it work on iPad? Would be great to do over lunch.

3. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Well, it uses Flash so I don't think so. :P I don't have any hopes that they will somehow rewrite whole game to use JavaScript.

4. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

That is sad. How are battles handled?

5. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

1. King of civ decides who to attack
    2. Vote has to get over 50% votes (weight by rank in the civ)
    3. 20h timer until battle starts
    4. Battleground is randomly picked, players can put their unit stacks
    5. Battle starts, 2 civs take turns, civ with more units has more moves. Turns are kind of like Panzer General.

I finished first round (took like 1.5 week?) by quitting it. What sucked during that single round:
    1. game stole my fucking 3 population from almost 9 back to 6. That was like 10k or more of food that took forever to get. All the dicks playing with me were focusing on some shitty stuff and had small population, lost nothing. I was pushing max out of my farmers and got fucked in the ass.
    2. I told a guy in my civ how to lay some things out and he organized his city a lot better thx to that. When other civ started winning this dickface backstabbed us and joined them. When we started winning again he left the game.
    3. CivWorld almost always premiums people that stays 24/7 "playing" it. Market is shallow as hell and single sale of 100 units changes price by 5-10%. To buy/sell more at acceptable price you need to repeat after delays of 30-60 minutes or coordinate with others.
    4. Winning battle wins you wonders and all technology and that's it. You can't destroy enemy civ that way.
    5. Lots of strangers and noobs (including me in first 2 days). 5 people who have a clue dominate everyone else. You land in a team where 10-12 people out of 15 are mostly offline and no teamwork gets done. Can't kick them nor pass votes (BECAUSE IT REQUIRES VOTES and fuckers won't pass them if offline)
    6. Fame points promote very rigid, annoying structure of things. For instance if your civmate put 51% into research of 1 tech and you 49% then you get no points or anything for it.
    7. Truck/train maze is retarded and annoying.
    8. Science maze is worthless and you lose all your accumulated moves after completing research.
    9. MOST OF ALL: game gives impression that there are teams, civilizations and so on. But the best thing ever is that this is individual game where person with most fame points wins. Playing with others helps the team often helps with getting fame points but pulling dick moves doesn't hurt either.
    I could find more, atm I'm reading whine threads on civworld forums on all that sucks for schadenfreude.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
  6. Foxy

Foxy I lied, def a Forum Troll

I've been enjoying civ4 and 5 which I picked up in the recent steam sales.

I might go look at this. Otherwise, lets have an empires multiplayer civ game!

7. Zeke

Zeke Banned

civ 5 ftw.

8. Foxy

Foxy I lied, def a Forum Troll

I'm preferring civ4 bts more at the moment. Maybe after playing civ5 more I'll get used to it.