Change of tracers for vehicle MGs

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Avatarix, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Avatarix

Plasma MG is blue and DUMG red, so why not make it other way?
    I guess it would be cooler to shoot red heated plasma and blue tint for that "depleted-uranium" machinegun that no one really knows what it does.
    Just a random thought.

2. Ranger

Ranger Member

What? No one knows what DU mg does? It means the tip of the bullet is made of uranium. A very dense metal, very good for penetration "due to its exhibition of significant adiabatic shear band formation." (from my personal notes). This means the penetrator doesn't deform as much, allowing it go deeper and cause more damage. Example: a simple AP shell will make a wider hole on a tank hull than a AP shell with an uranium penetrator. Anyway ye DUMG is the only way a 50cal can cause damage to armored targets (as in tanks with thick hull). Even tho it's insignificant. Like scratching them... but oh well for anti material rifles its ok. There are also 50cal bullets with enrichment, incendiary and he, but they are for antimaterial rifles too. For example they would be used to fire at the fuel tank of an apc or something like that or to destroy equipment like mounted weapons, small artillery, ammunition cases etc. No much use againts tanks but its fun for low fantasy games hue.

As a final note, I can safely say plasma is blue (azure, light blue) in every game I've seen, but that depends on what game lore thinks the weapon actually is. DU bullets could be any color we wants. But it's not like you can see the color of a bullet when it flies. So maybe red is fine. It's not a tracer even tho it looks like one but it's like, bullet's so fast that it heats up the air and stuff, like a meteorite. In fact I recall a Minigun firing from a Blackhawk at night. the bullets were red. It was like it was spitting fire and that was just 7.62x51

Edit: after some thinking, plasma weapons don't have a specific color. I remember blue, green purple and pink even
    Edit: The color of the plasma depends on the gas used.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017