Change Log

Discussion in 'News' started by Krenzo, Apr 7, 2007.

1. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

There ya go, Brutos. That's why.

2. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

wow,, read some of the log and things look good.. i like how you can see your turret health as an engy.. but i was thinking that maybe the scout sabtoge thing might go over board.. we wont know for sure untill lots of people play but i can just see a scout camping a barracks and sence it only takes 5 seconds to do it might be abused.. i dunno i could be wrong

3. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Sabotaging isn't as easy as you think, i've died trying to do that several times, even circlestrafing turrets to sabotage them took a while, although it worked. The only thing you got from that was the smoke, neat way to tag them but not very useful in sabotaging.

4. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

I'll miss nuke LTs...

5. katana9000

katana9000 Member

A barracks? In Instant Death's new map I got a whole NF Vehical factory down there. :P

Edit: And I actually have to agree with Dubee here. If the scout can sabotage, snipe, "and" hide... I feel it will be abused even more than in 1.07.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2007
  6. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

That's pretty much all they can do. The scout is the same in current versions but with a less effective scout rifle and can sabotage stuff.

7. Elkano

Elkano Member

any chance that we could get increased spawning ammo from the ammo skill (so instead of having the same absolute amount give use the same percentual amount)?

Besides that it's fun to see that most of the things I suggested months ago made it in the new version :)
    btw: will the fixed BE crate and mid/low detail models make it in the release? Due to my PC I'm playing on mid detail and some buildings eg the BE(?) radar are missing some walls. On low it's almost unplayable since the barraks are missing the inner walls so it's damn hard to get out at all ^^

8. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

A i thought of the shallow water in isle at nf or br base, is it still possible to build turrets there?

9. Awrethien

Awrethien Member

I think what hes worried about is when you spawn in sabataged barracks the scoute killing you in one hit becasue you spawned with half health.

10. arklansman

arklansman Member

But you get 3 second spawn invulnerability.

11. Awrethien

Awrethien Member

Oh he added that? I must have missed that. Then I think it would be far. If you cant kill him by then you deserve to be shot. lol

12. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

Perhaps but that's nothing the scout can't already do :P

13. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

So is 1.08 going to be the public release? Is there going to be a 1.8?

14. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

but isnt the point to make the scout not like how it is now? lol

yeah i cant wait to run people over.. im tierd of getting stuck inside tanks

15. MaroGT

MaroGT Member

yuppers dubbee, diddo on the hit and run, also i wanna have gta4 like graphics too

jk on the gta4 graphics, im just really excited about this empires patch and the new gta4... but lets not get off topic here

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2007
  16. =HELLION=

=HELLION= Member

that F5 picture reminds me of how many times ive asked krenzo if he is going to use my mortar model

17. MaroGT

MaroGT Member

lol helion i just dont think he notices your post because so many people post with BS

18. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

im happy about jeeps having a purpose for being in the game now (NF jeeps anyway). between running ppl over and crouching, jeep runs may be a viable strat.

19. pixelized

pixelized Member

Will there be an updated full server package. The current system is annoying because you have to patch empires 2 times.

20. the_6th_monkey

the_6th_monkey Member

....erm has the constant water sound bug been fixed for when people die in water and are forced to hear looping water noises forever until they disconnect...( I can't find the fix in the change list)?:rolleyes: