Discussion in 'News' started by Krenzo, Apr 7, 2007.
Yet you advertise that page as if it is somekind of official or usable as official pr website.
Why exactly is it not of my concern, because I'm in BSID? I'm not. And am not saying this as a clan, besides it seems that anything I would have said as a clan (you would think as a participant) would even have less meaning.
Lets point some facts out for you, your own rules state there needs to be 10 players for a match, 1337, KUE and U all don't have 10 players. Your server cvarlist is incomplete (I'm allowed to turn on sv_cheats and noclip).
Your "risk" thingy you got there can't support more clans than there are maps. The only rules stated on arranging such a map is for the clan to be on irc and there will be a dice rolled to split up territory, this is far from complete.
Next point, the league administrator is a clan leader, the league commisioner is a clan leader, most of the referees are clanners. Yet there is not a single rule on any of that, how are referees picked etc etc.
There are no rules based on what is allowed for a client and what not, eq custom skins. There are no rules on bugs, just 2 exploits are named, thats all thats not allowed? Another shady rules is that a player is not allowed to play on 2 clans, yet a player is allowed to be a referee or administrator of the league and also play in it? That rules should be removed or you should consider naming yourself The Hypocrite League.
Special base map? Where is this map, its not in the server map list, has anyone ever played this map? What are the rules on this map?
You do know the scoraboard overlaps chat right? This won't work, besides what about demos against hacking?
So we must be nice to the league referees tof ile disputes, thats the only rule on this? Sounds indepth :/
A few times in the rules is spoken of "the server." This makes me assume there is a designated league server?
neverending season anyone?
You guys are quick to judging my actions, yet your rules are far from complete and so is the transparancy withing this organisation.
How is this a feature? Who says nobody can trust Evan? The league is a good joke. What I want to know is who was the person to request a ladder on clanbase. Second, We can't request a ladder while 2.0 isn't released, so how could you guys already promote a league that only works when 2.0 is released.
1. Freaks Unleashed will host the league server. The servar cvars do not need to be complete because there will be an official league server. The posted cvars are just so clans know what to expect.
2. Referees can be in clans but cannot referee matches in which their clan is participating. Additionally, everyone who was accepted to be a referee is expected to be an honest person.
3. As for becoming a referee --> post an application and then we vote on it. Pretty simple.
4. Solokiller is making the base map.
5. Yes, the season will most likely take a few months.
6. I do think we need to be more specific in the rules about:
- What happens if a clan leaves halfway through the season
- Demos / screenshots
What are you talking about? Who added a league to clanbase?
If the league promotes before 2.0 is out it is so clans can get ready to sign up when 2.0 comes out and not wait around longer than need be.
1.What if one clan has a bad ping to that server, how are you going to handle that, or are banned from it, for reasons that have nothing to do with the league (I can give you an example of something that could happen, thanks to some good friends over on irc).
2. So instead of having rules, you believe everyone that has volunteered right now are all honest unbiased people? I'm not judging any of them, all i've seen is that there has been little selection taken place and no rules for them, all it has is you hoping they are honest people.
4. Making the map? What if 2.0 is released next week? Shouldn't you have the map tested before even giving this idea of a special map a shot?
5. A few months? Have you ever seen how a league works, im not going to comment on this ignorant post, it just shows on what a small scale you're trying to operate that you have no idea how it will work out with more clans.
Not being offensive, but if you're going to shove that ridiculous claim down my throat everywhere I go, you atleast start making this league water tight and why is all this you're telling me not on the site? I'm not a force to be reckoned with, but this is just getting way too ridiculous and nobody saying is jack about it. I'm not gonna hesitate and have the best interest for any kind of clan scene or fun, so instead of doubting my motives you should doubt whether this league is fit in its current implementation.
1. Eth0 may also host a League server.
2. Yes we have long discussions in the referee-only forum before letting people in. Most recently, Avair and Mkoll were denied acceptance.
5. The only way for a RISK-board game style to accomodate more than 6 clans is to have a ton more maps or multiple divisions that could be run simultaneously, each having no more than 6 clans... It isn't a ladder league and won't function like one.
So I'm taking it you disagree with that 1 or 2 need any kind of rules, ok guess we're done talking about that (wow that went easy )
2. So there are no rules needed on I don't know, clans being allies and having an allied clanner be a referee? I'm not making this stuff up.
5. right, more territories and you need them all to win? So I'm really the only one seeing how adding even more territories is not going to make this season end. Ever? What if you decided the season was over, where are the rules on how points are counted, because trust me, with more clans, this season is not going to end.
I do disagree, dizzy.
1. Using official league servers removes a clan bias (i.e. "Let's have a match on our server!?!")
2. Referees will be kicked out who are unfair.
5. I think the season will end because the more clans there are the easier it is to get them eliminated (start w/ fewer territories)
Why rush to get a small league going? Good way to test the rules, test the gameplay. Tweak it.
Too few clans? I've played RISK before with only two people. Quite doable, eventually ends, too. If you're worried about players, see if CW and JPL will split their large playerbase into multiple teams - or lend people to the clans that are short a few people.
That page? The league? Official, somewhat, imo. Why? Didn't Krenzo pay for the domain himself, and direct it to my name servers? That tells me that he supports what the league is. Furthermore, Krenzo was given direct access to the league forums, so if he doesn't like something, he can dispute it. I'm sure people would listen to his dispute.
Also, your gripes seem ill researched. I've known for quite some time that refs are not allowed to ref for the clan they are in. Pretty sure that is stated somewhere...and I know its in the ref forums as a specific rule...and who needs to know it, anyway? Refs do. Furthermore, since refs are the ones who handle disputes and they are not supposed to be running games for clans they aren't in...why does it matter a clan member/leader is the admin or creator? They don't have a direct say in the outcome of games, and the assignment of territories has been pseudo-randomized (a dice roll, let alone a rand() call is never truly random. Even if you seed it with time...is only pseudo random, but far from "rigged".)
Doesn't risk end if you loose your capitol?
Aside from the lovely bitching i'm seeing...I'm failing to see what the actual cause for all this ill will is. This is pretty much none of my business, but i'm finding it quite annoying.
Surely the league can be seen as an experiment with clan based play that will be developed later, it doesn't necessarily have to be the only 'ladder'. And evan, may I suggest you consider changing this:
into something like this:
to avoid any misunderstandings...and appease the..."nay-sayers" if you will.
My major gripe with the league is that it can't be a neutral organisation with a can member running it. Evan being in CW is an isntant conflict of intrest. Other than that i think its a good idea but i think you should go for something a bit more simple first like a ladder league, its should give you good practice for the number crunching
We have a rule stating that referees cannot referee a match in which their clan is participating. How does it affect match results if I'm in charge of the league?
@cwevan: I'm not going to discuss point 1 and 2 with you if you don't believe more rules are required, even if I did point out why such rules would be needed (recap why rules are required: server- bad ping, banned. referee- clan alliances, their place in the league)
5. The more clans there are, the more territories they need to win, 1 game every week, you can do simple calcuations right, knowing how slim the possibility is of a clan being able to take all territories and also win every game on a clans home base. The rules are unclear what it means winning on someones home base. (their turn is ended?!?)
Both could not be possible as your own rules state a clanner is only allowed to play in one team, this brings problems for any clan being able to split up their teams easily, and also lending players.
Krenzo isnt playing in the league himself, hes not a participant or part of the clan scene, aren't you guys supposed to be independent?
Ill researched? I know refs are not allowed to be a referee for their own clan, I'm not that ignorant. That doesn't make them unbiased and honest. There need to be rules on this, what if they were in an (secret) alliance with another clan? Clans should be able to pick a different referee if the possibility is there and there should be some explenation and rules on this, even if its not going to be used. Disputes should be solved with proof, not being nice to the referee, expand those rules.
This is what you rules say:
Thats all there is to it, sounds like a lot will be made up as you go.
I'm not against a league made by clanners for clanners, but whats so hard in just saying that its a test season and making that clear to people, instead of growing bigger in force.
The rule says no player may be in 2 clans. A clan could however enter 2 teams with discrete player rosters
TheBoff: league referee with no clan whatsoever.
I can't see any harm in putting it in the feature list. It suggests that Empires has the kind of hard-core player base to support that kind of thing, which can only encourage more people to join up.
If you have a concern or criticism of the league, I'd voice it in the league forums so that your doubts can be addressed in the proper manner.
As for that feature list, maybe just drop the mention of the league down into the bottom, or an entirely new "community" section.
Sounds like a good compromise to me
yeh that was a typo, I ment clanner.
But its hard for a clan to make 2 teams as they wont be able to use people from one team in the other if there are players short.
That's true. However, a 30-man clan like JPL could make two 15 player teams. That is 5 reserves for each team
you know how hard it will be to organize 20 people from all over the world once a week for an uknown amount of time?
and lol why is evan the leader of the leauge? does that mean anything?
lol yeah like we can get 30 people from all over the world to stop there lives for somthing like this
Separate names with a comma.