Change engineer tools heal visual/sounds

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by pickjaoe, May 12, 2011.

1. pickjaoe

pickjaoe Member

Currently when healing a teammate with the engineer tool it is the standard welding visuals and sounds. I propose this be changed to something more related to medical healing while still having the welding for buildings and whatnot. Some sort of healing visual with a sound to accompany it, and while were at it give the health box a sound when using it. Why does the ammo box have one but no love for the health box?

2. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

What for sound do you suggest? A gentle kiss?

3. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

+1 for love hearts

4. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

hearts are not noises

i would suggest a heartbeat with medical blips and a cutter powertool for vehicles to differentiate noises with buildings getting the current sounds

5. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

STOP MAKING RETARDED SUGGESTIONS.

Just saving Trickster some time. :D

i know its unfair, but if i could, i would give trixy infractions too for it...
    this shit stops, he can post his ideas all he wants if he is serious about it

blizzy

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2011
  6. complete_

complete_ lamer

its not retarded at all

7. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

how is that a retarded suggestion? its a cosmetic change and a reasonable one too. chances for implementing are probably low, but nontheless you suggested worse crap ...

see trickster, this is why you shouldnt play retarded, you create a common law where everyone thinks "uh, so a dev can be a jerk, lets be jerks too".
    i told you with admining your server and it took you years to figure out how admins that exploit are bad - now fix what you started with this too.

8. Empty

Empty Member

What the fuck am I supposed to turn it into to make it look like healing.

Welding tools work for everything else gaining health, adding something else will just look out of place since theres like fuckin' nothing that would make sense anyway besides some kind of loveheart beam which would look retarded.

Think before you post.

9. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

This isn't a terrible suggestion to be honest. I can't think of what would actually be used, but it wouldn't affect the game detrimentally in any way shape or form. My sig is not relevant to this thread.

10. FN198

FN198 Member

+1
    i concur
    :|ove:

Last edited: May 12, 2011
  11. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Trickster can be an asshole on half a dozen threads, but I humorously jest him and get an infraction?

Somebody gets, what, three infractions and they're banned, right? Trickster spammed the same response to about half a dozen threads in less than ten minutes. Even before you consider the incredibly inappropriate content of the posts, they are spam.

And what about this thread? Yes, it was hilarious and my coworkers looked at me weird when I laughed out loud at work, but why isn't it also considered "shitposting"?

Why didn't Trickster and Jephir get infractions? They broke the rules just like me. I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for some consistency on this forum.

How is this ok, but my thread isn't?

That suggestion "wouldn't affect the game detrimentally in any way shape or form."

Like I mentioned in the thread, creating a visible knife for upgraded melees would only serve to communicate to potential victims that the player is packing an insta-kill melee.

Replacing the healing particles would also only serve to communicate to other players that someone is being healed.

Both suggestions only improve visible communication, so why is one fine and the other gets rudely branded?

Last edited: May 12, 2011
  12. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

your answer is in the quotes you quoted

we cant give trickster infractions, and i haven't gotten in touch with him yet

13. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

also your infraction counts only 10 days

14. Trickster

I don't know why you're receiving infractions, I certainly don't feel you deserve any, because I would have given you some if you did. I apologise for the way you are being treated. But yeah, I can get away with it, you'll find it more difficult because people can actually ban you. However, the difference is, this is small change to make the game a little more intuitive. Your suggestion is a large change that would detrimentally affect gameplay, and overall, sucks ass. It's on the same suggestion tier as a new meat-grinder tank chassis that eats players for extra resources.

15. pickjaoe

pickjaoe Member

I'm not a developer, its not my place to create this effect, but i'm nice enough to take the time to post a suggestion of something that I think will improve the game. Even if it to help the new players understand that 'oh, someone is healing me right now I should stand still and not run all over the place.' If your the one in charge of the effect then I suggest you chug a fucking red bull, fire up your creative jucies and i'm sure you'll come of with something that fits the empires universe.

16. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

Last edited: May 17, 2011
  17. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

Imo, if there's no other animation there shouldn't be a big difference in sounds, maybe a heart monitor beating and the same bzzz sounds only a bit more organic, as you still apply nanobots on skin tissue or similar.
    Stop making retarded comments, seriously. Just because trickster does, you shouldn't. And it's not funny but rude.
    Empires is not "done" or "finished" either, it's a beta and always were, fyi.

Last edited: May 19, 2011
  18. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

someone had to gay it up, now im gonna go change my sig.

19. Trickster

Pretty much what I did. People bandwagoned, and some were funny, but some were gay so, that was that.