Capture Points Remeber Team on Partial Cap

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Icely, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Icely

Icely Member

Currently it appears that capture points remember how close they are to being captured if everyone leaves the point but not which team was doing the capturing. So if team A gets a point 90% captured before being pushed off by team B, team B only has to capture the remaining 10%.

I am suggesting this be changed so that capture points remember which team was capturing them. The opposing team would have to start from the beginning or uncap the portion the first team had done.

Personally my implementation would be to require the team to uncap whatever work the first team had done (time based on the time to neutral value and the percent complete) before starting to capture the point. Points would also have a natural decay rate when not occupied equal to the capture rate.

2. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I agree, although I thought cap points automatically wiped all progress once everyone left the point for a nanosecond, but either way this is how I'd like it to work.

Also what about, if the point need a certain number of people to cap, having less than that number of people will allow you to progress only a portion of the way.

For example three people on a four man flag would cap three quarters of the way, and stop until the fourth arrived.

3. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Wow I didn't realize it did that. Should be labeled a bug imo.

4. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

I think it is a bug. I think that the capture point system is only positive, but it probably should either start at, say, 100. At 200 it's brenodi cap, and at 0 it's NF cap. that way points are gained by whos on the flag.

If what he says is true, then right now it's just going from 0 - 100, and it starts where it left off regardless of which team is capping it.

5. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

I'm assuming this only works for neutral flags?

6. Roflcopter Rego

Roflcopter Rego Member

repost the first part of this on the bug forum. Also, though I've noted this, it doesn't seem to be consistent, sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't.