Capcom weekend

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by PredatoR[HUN], Sep 13, 2014.

1. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

You're welcome.

Ive heard that mostly about the second game.
    The fourth ones weak point was its really weird/bad story and the fact that that the second half, even though spent playing as dante, you are backtracking all the way back.[ Bosses were pretty cool though]. Then again, from what ive seen from 1 and 3, story was never really a high point.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
  2. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

I might take you up on that offer but I was thinking more along the lines of someone who hasn't played it yet.

3. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, that is probably for the best. I mean, when I played it was with a friend who already did the whole thing, so he kept the pace going which did make it more fun/difficult and what not. But there was times where I thought it would be more fun if I had to figure out what to do or just wanted to see the sights a bit.

Oh, I should mention I personally found 5 more fun to play, simply because I like my inventory management. 6 did improve the general gameplay though, so there is that.

4. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

I barely remember 5, just some of the bosses. I don't think I like coop in this franchise all that much, kind of takes away the scary element.

4 is by far my favourite of the bunch, if they didn't ask 20 euros for a game from 2004, I would buy it. Why the hell is the newest game cheaper than the oldest(on steam)?

5. Lazybum

It is the most recent simply because they just ported it. People would be willing to pay it too, because not everyone had a chance to play the ps2/wii/gamecube version.

I don't really play these games to be scared. They can and do send me into a dumb panic because I'm going" oh no, I have no ammo or health and these zombos are chasing me-" then out of nowhere the guy with the chainsaw takes my head. I appreciate that part. Mostly I think they can be fun shooty actiony games.

6. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

You need more RE 0-3 in your life. Those games were terrifying.

Seriously, dem camera angles.

7. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

I don't play them to be scared either but playing them alone makes you a lot more tense than in a friendly atmosphere that's bound to be created if you play coop.

8. Z100000M

I know old games loose some of their charm, but i watched a re1 run about a year ago and nearly died laughing instead.

9. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Wow~ What a mansion!

10. Z100000M

Yeah, stuff like pip-boy pause for healing, random drug plants (they even convert into lines of coloured coke for f sakes!) and "you were almost a jill sandwich" didn't help make the situation better.

Still better than the FNAF shite. Jesus the amount of internet defense force this "game" gets is astonishing.

11. BigTeef

Looks like we got to the... ROOT of the problem.

12. Lazybum

Played the first 3 ages ago. They were fun and I really kinda want another one.

Outta curiosity, when you watched the playthrough was it the original or the remake? Remake really was a good thriller. Game was a bit harder to if I think about it, mostly because of those crimson heads.

13. Z100000M

Id laugh if not for the boss fight being crap.

```

original

14. BigTeef

WHOOOOAAAAAA! This hall is DANGEROUS!

15. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I wish I could play Street Fighter. I've always been more of a Tekken person but I'm not naive enough to think Tekken is in any way more skilful. I'm just really bad at Street fighter because combos are far harder to execute due to the higher reliance on timing.

Also, not sure why but I own Super Street Fighter IV, which I got for a few quid. Now they upgraded it to Ultra Street Fighter IV and my version got upgraded with it. I even have a few spare copies in my inventory. But despite all of this, Ultra Street Fighter IV is like £20 on steam, so I'm pretty confused as to why my version got upgraded.

16. BigTeef

If it makes you feel any better, street fighter 4 to ultra is easier compared to 3rd strike and 3rd strike is easier compared to virtua fighter.

The best way to learn street fighter if you don't own a fight stick is by picking a character until you completely memorize him.
    And slowly do that for others, Maximilian Dood from youtube has a lot of videos to help new players.
    Being good at dota is no different than fighting games other than game-play, you just pick a character until you are able to know builds and strategies.

The specials and the ultras require hard semblance, but preset combos are ill advised because higher skilled opponents can perdict those easily so crafting your own is the best way to play.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014