Cant start 1.08

Discussion in 'Archive' started by GI-Jane, Apr 23, 2007.

1. GI-Jane

GI-Jane Member

i get the error "couldnt load library client"

???

2. ŦĦĘ ΒĻΞĐ

ŦĦĘ ΒĻΞĐ Member

yeah i got the same error :(

3. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

Have you tried reinstalling sourcesdk?

4. Silk

Silk Mapper

I had that problem with numerous mods. All i needed to do was make a shortcut to the game, and in properties (of the shortcut) i had to change to applaunch value from 220 to 215.

Edit:
    I took a quick look, it is 215 by default for empires. I'm sure it's the same error message though.
    Probably a very stupid suggestion, but try to change it from 215 to 220 :D

Last edited: Apr 23, 2007
  5. GI-Jane

GI-Jane Member

ok i changed it to 220 and i can get to the server screen now but when i try to connect to the server I get the message - - -
    "OmGameRulesCreationStringChanged : missing gamesrules class 'CSDK Gamesrules On the Client'
    exactly as shown the game crashes out and then shows memory reference errror.............
    Help:eek:

6. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Can you run the Source SDK Base from the steam window?

7. GI-Jane

GI-Jane Member

Hi Big K - Ive verified my source sdk and base files and both run ok, I have downloaded from both mirrors in case one version of 1.08 had a file missing.
    But still it says "couldnt load library client" but if I change gameinfo.txt from 215 to 220 then i get the other error.

8. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Try re-installing the source sdk base. Can you run any other mods that use "215" as their app id?

9. GI-Jane

GI-Jane Member

ok re-installed sdk and tried allsorts of stuff posted on'te'net
    I can get to the find server screen an try to load the server shown but crash
    Oh well im moving soon, very soon and my t'internet will be gone soon, hopefully I will get up n running at me new house but as no one is playing 1.07 Cyas all

10. ŦĦĘ ΒĻΞĐ

ŦĦĘ ΒĻΞĐ Member

yeah i know how u feel im getting all the same errors, sometimes i can get to the server screen sometimes i cant and ive tried everything but w/e

11. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Do any other mods work?

12. GI-Jane

GI-Jane Member

I have taken everything else off my comp due to space probs, all the normal CS team-fortress Hl2dm etc work ok oh and pilotable strider works ok but thats all I have as I wanted the space for Empires1.08 oh an dawn of war plus all the expansion packs and my 40 gig H/D is Full.

Actually ive got a spare 100gig i could use as a second drive and put DoW on that then i could put the other mods i had back on.

My system isnt the best in the world, amd1200 256mb ram and 64mb geforceFx , my son wiped my other comp and I havent had time to reformat it due to packing. Does 1.08 use more Memory? is the HDR gonna need high end graphics cards?

13. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Can you run any other mod like Pirates, Vikings, and Knights?

14. GI-Jane

GI-Jane Member

ok downloaded pirates,vikings & Knights and can play with no problems

??
    dont know what to try next..................

15. GI-Jane

GI-Jane Member

ok i tried sum stuff
    first i backed up the client and server dll's then tried copying all the client and server dll's from different games including hl2 - hl2 deathmatch - sdk base etc.

the results
    the original 1.08 dll's give me the error "couldnt load library client" at start screen.
    hl2, hl2 deathmatch and sdk base dll's give the error "ongamesrulescreationstringchanged" and a memory ref error at startup.

BUT

If i use the client and server dll's from 1.07 and put em in 1.08 bin the game starts and even downloads the ain files but just as its nearly finishing sending the client info the game crashes showing error message "server uses different class tables"

so close yet so far....... just as a matter of interest what is the size of your client dll, mine is 4,1271 , have i got the correct dll's??????????

16. Darg

Darg Member

Do you have the client.dll and server.dll in the 1.08 "bin" folder? Just do a search for either of those files in the 1.08 directory. I was getting similiar errors when working with a different mod not long ago.

17. ŦĦĘ ΒĻΞĐ

ŦĦĘ ΒĻΞĐ Member

yep i have the client and server dlls and i get all the errors gi jane does so im guessing he does too. this is getting really really gay that were not able to play 1.08... is there anything else we can do to fix this problem? do we not have good enough system specs or something ridiculous like that? ive never had this problem with any other mod and ive had alot of mods

Last edited: Apr 26, 2007
  18. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Try and delete the clientregistry.blob file in Steam/, then try again.

19. GI-Jane

GI-Jane Member

Yep tried that............. No joy

After the last problems with a steam update that stopped 1.07 working I have tried all the basic stuff and updated everything , reinstalled sdk base and tried both copies of 1.08.

The error message "different class tables" appears to be concerned with an update but we are all running the same 1.08 files and all my progs are updated so I dont understand??????????

20. Bodrick

Bodrick Ye Olde Supermod

"Different class tables" means that the server and you are running different versions of empires.