bull shit wiki link?

Discussion in 'Support' started by SAUNDERS77, Jul 6, 2010.

1. SAUNDERS77

SAUNDERS77 Member

Hi people i have something i would like to ask anyone who can tell me where to look or how to set it up but i got this link for wiki for emp_vehicle_preset so there is 3 things or steps you need to do the frist 2 i have no problem with but really i'd like to know who wrote this, cause step 3 > making a trigger_multiple.
    well wtf its not there in the list with all the other stuff anyone does not believe me then just have a look for your self and you try to do what it says and make it work cause i am sure you cant. so if i am worng about this let me know but to me it sounds like misinformation. So heres the link???>
    http://wiki.empiresmod.com/index.php?title=Emp_vehicle_spawner

2. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

and now again in an orderly understandable language - this is neither the black hole nor /b/ ...
    what exactly is your issue?

3. SAUNDERS77

SAUNDERS77 Member

you cant make the trigger as its says too in step 3 so then how can you make any vehcile spawners if you can do everything its says to i dont know why you cant understand that oh wait did you really read the link or you just want to troll.

4. Theowningone

Theowningone Noone likes me :'(

Wiki is out of date. It needs to be updated by no one who wants to can get the proper rights.

5. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

The wiki doesn't allow registering, you have to get permission to get account, and no one likes such a hassle, so not in 2 years will it be updated.

6. Theowningone

>Implying you would be able to help if you had an account.

7. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

I have access to wiki as do a few ppl... post in here what to say and we can update it. :P

8. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Wiki registration was disabled because of spam bots. I had to delete a shitload of spam bots each day.

9. ViroMan

no shit, hes right... I had seen the log files of crap... it was amazing.

10. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Well, THIS threads problem needs to be updated, the custom maps list needs to be updated, In buildings the aircraft factory wouldn't be needed anymore since aircraft is enginely impossible in empires, The armor weapon table is on 2.24 but I think Sip said he had that handled. That table is useful for new commanders. There are also still old ass screenshots around, I swear I just saw one that had the smg 3, and you can also see the aircraft limit thing. Not much, but there still exist some.

11. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

Trigger Multiple is a brush entity, first off.

Second, this belongs in the mapping forums.

Third, nothing has changed with the vehicle spawner between this and the last version except for the index numbers for engines and armors.

Fourth, Getting on the forums and making an ass of yourself is a great way to get help. Why don't you try asking nicely, as well as in the right forum section.

Fifth, I know that myself, Drummer, cyberkun, john shandy, and keef all have maps that have working vehicle spawners.

Sry, you just piss me off telling us how shitty we are when trying to get information.

and since I'm such a nice guy, here is a map that I use for messing around with different things with a working vehicle spawner. The map should compile and run as is without crashing. Has all necessary entities and such. I used it to test some custom props I made with the proper that works through hammer.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/1g3605

again,

There's nothing wrong with the wiki. It's not bullshit. It's not false information. you are just a

Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
  12. Theowningone

Like I said, need front page unlock, need sysop or bureaucrat to do work.

13. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

why do you give him the needed information then, why you think i didnt reply anymore? :rolleyes:
    thats not how you educate idiots ...

14. Brutos

If you want an account you didn't even have to ask nicely. You could have sent me an pm with: "Hey Brute, Go make me a wiki account."

15. ViroMan

Hey brute, let me edit main page.

16. Brutos

I have no idea how to selectively unrestrict the main page. I don't want meatspin or goatse or something on the main page >.>

17. Theowningone

Need Bureaucrat! Gief!

18. ViroMan

this?

<filler>

19. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

With my recent ventures into empires mapping put in the mapping section "Compile optimization is key, without this, you'll be compiling for hours on end" and put compile optimization tips.

20. SAUNDERS77

SAUNDERS77 Member

all i am going to say

So ok maybe i did not ask in the nicest why but when you are told go here you go to such and such link, then its not what you need and ask someone else then ask more people and all you get is umm i am not sure ask someone else.
    You tend to get a bit pissed off.
    So i will not ask anyone on here for anything again. that you can besure, i am starting to see the way this works so thats ok MR. FORUM Troll enjoy.