Buildable Stuff on maps.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by jragbir, Dec 15, 2008.

1. jragbir

jragbir Member

On some maps there are things that can be built by each side. Isle is a great example. Those many bridges around that can be built by each team. What my suggestion is, can engineers have the option to deconstruct the bridges instead of defaulting to building/repairing them all the time?

2. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

one word , nadespam(at least if it comes to bridges)

3. Dawgas

Dawgas Banned

yeah, but being able to deconstruct them would be pretty nice

4. Wilson

Wilson Member

holding right mouse button while aiming calculator over bridge or other contructable?

5. Dawgas

Dawgas Banned

alt attack brings up the engineer menu

maybe we should split up the engineer tool into 2 weapons

one that constructs and one that deconstructs

6. Spooky

Spooky Member

A GUI could be made when you right click on the map ent to SWITCH to decon, but repair/build would be default. And have it only work on map ent's, it would suck to grief the comm with decon.

7. Dawgas

Dawgas Banned

well, if we had decon for everything, we would have to allow it to affect infantry as well

I want to calckill people :(

8. Satanchild666

Satanchild666 Banned

Dawgas, that is called a Taser...

9. Omneh

Omneh Member

Calckills should produce the same disintrigation effect as in Half Life 2. That would be awesome.

Deconstructed buildings should also disintrigate like that.

10. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Ah.. Another way of killing scouts: Sneak up on 'em and decon 'em!

11. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

I prefer the pretending to be trying to sticky a vehicle and then turn quick to stick them in the fact before bunny hopping away when they realize they are about to die and trying to kill you method.

12. jragbir

jragbir Member

I think you guys misunderstand me some extent. I only want this to be used for things like bridges on isle. People should NOT have the option to deconstruct friendly building and vehicles obviously...

The bridges on isle are somewhat neutral structures that both teams can benefit from depending on the whats going on/ whos winning and losing.

Also to the person who suggested nade spam to destroy bridges. It takes a really long time to break one of those bridges with nade spam depending on if it half way or fully built. Ive tried it... lol. Seismic nades dont much damage to them at all.

13. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Jragbir, the reason it takes a bit of time...

Is so ya cant instakill the bridge and make the 3 heavies on it fall down.

14. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

I had an idea I suggested a while back: Let the comm click these brushes, and choose to switch between 'construct' orders for them, and 'destruct' orders. The order the comm selects determines whether their engineers can construct or destroy it. Additionally, while it is set to an order that differs from its current state (construct while not built, or destroy while it is built), every engineer sees it highlighted on the map (and maybe absolutely everyone for destruct, since they can all help destroy it with tanks.)

People didn't like it, because it could require rapid comm response. But I think it has potential.

15. jragbir

jragbir Member

To LordDZ: I guess you have a point there, but for bridges on isle, I doubt tanks would be sitting on those bridges long enough for it to crumble underneath them, given how much Hp those bridges but for the bridge on slaughtered would make sense for what you said. It just depends on the map i guess.

To Aquillion: I think thats a pretty sweet idea. About it requiring rapid comm response, it should be an optional thing. So unless its selected by the comm whether he/she wants it built or destroyed it should remain 'neutral'/buildable as usual.