Build me a computer!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Fooshi, Sep 27, 2010.

1. 0yv47

0yv47 Member

Hurrdurr
    you might aswell buy a Mac...

2. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Any case with the HDs facing back that is a mid tower these days fails pretty hard. Graphics cards have grown in length, and having SATA and power cables (and the HD itself) there to block airflow and cards is a royal pain. If i felt like blowing 300 USD, I'd LOVE to buy this:

http://www.corsair.com/products/800d/default.aspx

It's 1/4" steel. The main downside is it's weight.

Also, the opening on the HAF932 (the 900 has one, with a door) to access the backplate mounting made installing my TRUE120 a breeze. Who needs a mobo tray anymore? :)

Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  3. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

holy shit upwards of $430 for a case before mods omg!

4. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

As said, I don't give a shit about the case's look as long as it doesn't cause overheat on purpose.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  5. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Believe me, I'll sooner buy two SSDs to replace my Raptors (yay for RAIDed SSDs?)

6. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

Backplate doesn't match with 1156. But I guess a mobo tray wouldn't work either.

7. Hygrom

Hygrom Member

It seems that I will end up replacing the majority of my computers components, everything but the 4670 and my HDs in fact... I gotta get rid of my damn pentium 4, which also means new motherboard, which also means new RAM, should be a fun time, could also require a new power supply.

8. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Realizing how much of a mental reject you are, I'll try to talk slowly here:

The Intel standard doesn't say where on the PCB the CPU pins need to go. That is determined by the manufacturer. Some mobos will work, some will not. There is no standard. It worked great for my X58, other people on X58 boards have minor issues. Some work as well as mine did. Same will go for 1156 and 775.