Buffy the Tank slayer

Discussion in 'Testing Discussion' started by JustGoFly, May 22, 2016.

1. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

So I just learned what Security did to make himself uber player. He buffed Rifleman so it can throw stickies further than ever. He just drives near the enemy tank, switch's seat, tosses, and magically you are stripped of all armor and mostly dead. One shot and there goes your heavy. What a piece of shit move is that?

Everyone should exploit it until no one ever gets into a tank again. This will become a light tank only game, and he says that is his intention - to make tanks weaker. Didn't we have another script editor (not programmer) try to do the same thing and he was run out of town on a rail?

Make armor weak - increase rifleman kill rate - make tanks slow - increase sticky throw length. I had a nub about half a tank length in front of me, running about the same speed as my tank (lol), and he tosses a sticky, so I laugh thinking he was not close enough. BOOM I'm dead. Would someone kindly review this shit before you completely destroy this game. It's not better!

2. Ranger

Ranger Member

I heard Iron-Man suit prototypes are being tested in secret Brenodian DARPA labs in Taiwan.

3. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Tanks need to be adequately balanced. Light tanks obviously should have speed, but be weak. Mediums should be overall the middle between the lights/heavies, and heavies should be the slowest but obviously most firepower/armor. Tanks shouldn't be made weaker, as it offers a variety to this game that no other FPS can offer.

4. Smithy

Smithy Developer Staff Member Administrator

Sticky grenade scripts are unchanged in the scripts repo since 25/08/2010. (Changes are planned for next version though I think?)
    Whatever you think he changed, he didn't. The only thing that might have caused unwanted behaviour is the engine update.

5. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

There's a lot more to be pissed at Security about than some little sticky grenade.

Like the fact NF wins 9/10 times late game because their heavies are so much better maxed out.

Or the riflemens buffed guns, which are far scarier.

6. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

To be honest the reasons nf have an advantage have been there before security started doing scripts. You can't exactly blame him for that. Maybe not doing much to fix it, but I don't think it's that bad. I've seen both teams win with either heavy, it really depends on who's driving the tank.

Nf meds are beefy as hell though, I know mr x likes to not research heavies on nf sometimes and it does work out even against be heavies. After all they do have nearly the same weight limit, be heavy only has 10 more free weight. It's just no 3 slot weapons, which isn't that big of deal when you think about it.

EDITS BECAUSE WHY NOT?

Last edited: May 23, 2016
  7. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

I dropped NF heavy tank's max weight by 30 and I buffed rail, but I know you guys are forgetful.

Whatever you guys think, NF & BE tanks are not very imbalanced, the better driver would still prevail.

First of all, read Smithy's reply, I did not touch Sticky grenade, even though I think sticky grenade deals pathetic damage for its difficulty. (spoiler : buffing sticky damage by a lil)

Yeah, there's a lot more to be pissed at me.

I am sure the game was better with useless Regen/Absorbant/Capacitive armor, Advanced Coolant that doesn't cool shit, APCs overruling LTs/AFVs, even more powerful NF heavy tanks, virtually useless BEAR, useless single Homing ML, DUMG that deals 3 damage per shot and railgun that's outright inferior than Ranged.
    In short, before I stepped in.

If you can tell me there's any NEW issue, that would be wonderful.

If not, you really shouldn't throw your piss at me, I don't appreciate that at all.

8. Lazybum

Yeah I know you dropped weight, you also dropped it from 7 to 6 plates. I'm just saying that it's not a *huge" enough difference for people to think the chassis balance being addressed. I wouldn't call buffing rails a fix for be though, one weapon out of the 10 or so that get used every other game. It really shouldn't be"I am this faction so I must end the game with this weapon because it's 10 times better then any other option". It's not like nf can't benefit from it either.

9. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

"Maybe not doing anything to fix it".

10. Lazybum

Meh, whatever. Late ass postings I'm going to make mistakes.

11. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

The only and worst thing I'll do to NF heavy tank, is taking another 15 max weight from it.
    Maybe I should do it to NF med.

BE Heavy tank clearly outclasses NF medium, they really aren't at the same level.

12. Ranger

Ranger Member

Weight limit is evil.

13. Sprayer2708

Sprayer2708 Member

JustGoFly is just so easy to sticky cuz he doesn't actually try to avoid people with bombs in hand who run at him.

14. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

Weight limits are far too tolerant as they are anyway

15. CRITAWAKETS

CRITAWAKETS Member

Heres something to buff vehicles, make gren do less damage. Last time i played, it was really easy to kill medium tanks with his RPG.

16. Lazybum

Maybe he was using absorbant? I was shooting rpgs at an afv yesterday all on the same side and it took 5 shots to kill. I don't think that's strong at all.

Speaking of, I keep coming to the feeling absorbant is right where I would like armor strength to be for tanks. It just feels right, but I'm probably alone in thinking tanks shouldn't be able to survive a couple of nukes to the face.

17. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

I agree with you on that, however, itd require a lot of rebalancing for all weapons and armors if that were done.

18. Lazybum

How would that require a rebalance to weapons? If you rebalance weapons then that would change how armors work. Armors sure, I'm basically saying the other armors need a nerf of survivability to abs levels, but that doesn't mean weapons need a change. Maybe a change to vehicle cost, but I was never huge on tons of heavies empires had anyway so tanks being able to actually die would help that.

19. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

If the weapons stay the same, and abs is the bottom line, there is absolutely no point in tank charges as a dual salvo NF heavy can basically launch 1 salvo and kill a BE heavy, or BE can just ER an NF abs heavy to death real quick. So basically youd be making infantry super OP while tanks get epicly nerfed making Infantry the only necessary class.

I can see into the future now.... 2 grens or 1 scout and 1 gren load up in a jeep and are more effective than a heavy... jeeps... all around us... surrounding us... faster and stronger... oh god.

20. Lazybum

I miss 2.4 tank balance, it was so close to reaching a good balance between tanks and infantry.