buff BE MKII

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by CobaltBlue, Mar 15, 2009.

1. CobaltBlue

CobaltBlue Member

Give the BE M2 AFV the same hull health and weight buff that the normal AFV got.

This is clearly an over-sight, so pls get it in there. In fact, can servers pls just mod their scripts to make this the case right now?

Pros: BE M2 will no longer be a down-grade from the AFV

Cons: BE M2 will no longer be a down-grade from the AFV

P.S. I attached the "fixed" version of the mkii script file in an install zip version, only 2 numbers need changing, so maybe it was a waste to post the zip, but for lazy server owners, there you go. :D

Attached Files:

2. o_O

o_O Member

MKII's still cant shoot down so they still need the buff. Yea ok they have a 2 slot cannon but that doesn't matter because most tank combat (ESPECIALLY NOW) occurs at meele range.

3. RoboTek

RoboTek Member

I like that BE needs to be farther away to fight than their opponents. Honestly, I only believe it a problem because it takes so long to kill someone that you can reliably get that close every time.

4. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

I was worried that 2slot cannons would become overpowered, that's why the BE MKII did not receive those buffs. The LT has it's max at 2 plates a side, I couldn't bring up the courage to lower it's weight in the same fashion. This was before all armor received a substantial health buff.

5. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I always go for meds to be honest so I haven't used the AFV2s much, as meds are simply so much superior, lights however are often better than NF meds.

However I have noticed that AFVs with the upgraded weight are a better balance against lights, so it may be prudent to ensure AFV2s get a similar boost.

6. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

Theres no "overpowering" in a cannon that overheats while the tank is raped by small fast tanks coming right next to it and unleashing 4 missiles all at once.