Britfaggs wanna leave eu?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Paradox, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

To all the british in here, if you had the choice of staying within the eu or leaving us what would you choose? Cause I heard if the referendum passes you guys gonna vote for that

2. Mahtipakarat

Mahtipakarat Member

EU is a sinking ship that will drown in it's own impossibility.

3. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

The analogy which springs to mind is rats leaving a sinking ship, although a more accurate one would be engineers leaving a supertanker with a faulty air conditioner.

I tend to agree with the party leaders on this one, I don't see why leaving the EU will help anything, it's not going to make the economy magically go better, the whole point of the EU is that if your economy fails, you've got other countries you can ask for help. Isolationism is the last thing you want nowadays, because it just isn't practical.

4. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

im all for the uk gtfo the eu. they only participate half-assed and blockade everything anyway. have your island, stay there - if you have to build a wall around it, im fine ...

err, well maybe i should mention this has nothing to do with our uk forum members :)

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  5. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Don't you have retarded xenophobic uneducated noisy people in austria?

6. flasche

so why did you join the eu in the first place if it was more or less clear that you dont want to be part of it. also this crisis is no new, european crisis, its still the aftermath of 2007. its the crisis of compound interest. theres quadrillions not represented in any real value ...

7. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

austria is europes main breeding ground for xenophobes

8. flasche

fixed that for you, what was the topic?

9. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I dunno I'm not the general public.

I would assume the UK joined because the politians are intelligent enough to realise that cutting off the country from europe is an amazingly retarded idea, it would be about as good for international relations as being cuba in the 1960's. Being a tiny country next to a giant continental superpower and repeatedly flipping it the bird is not a sensible course of action.

The problem is that imperialism seems to be in the blood, there are a lot of really dumb people in the UK who think we should still be ruling the world and telling everyone what to do, maybe austria has a big anti-world-domination thing because the last time they tried it it ended catastrophically, much as japan had a major culture shift for that reason after the end of the second world war. If so you're lucky. Britain on the other hand never really suffered for its schemes of world domination like germany and austria, never really had a proper revolution to depose the monarchy and be all liberte egalite fraternite like france did, and overall still retains a depressing belief that re-establishing the colonies would be just the thing among a quite large and noisy portion of its population.

10. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

The motion didn't pass, and it was very much clear it was never going to. To get debated by parliament, it needed 100,000 signatures online (which obviously people can do more than once). We have a population of well over 60 million.

If you get the impression Britain doesn't want to be in the EU, you're sadly mistaken. What we want is the good parts of it, not the bad parts. Norway is no different, only they were smart enough to sort that out BEFORE they joined, not after.

As an example, the things we don't (and by "we", I mean by and large the majority of people) want in on are things such as the Euro, which let's be honest, is a complete and utter mess. It's overly expensive in comparison with the currency that each individual country had before they joined it. I remember how far my Guilders went in Holland. It's also weighed down by poorer economies that clearly can't support a currency of such weight. This makes it unstable. Not only that, but the idea that some unelected guy in Brussels can override what we want, isn't on. The general opinion by a lot of people is that we get a lot less out of the EU than we put in, as do Germany and France. Whether or not this is true is probably impossible to work out.

On the plus side, Farmers subsidies help keep our farmers competitive, when realistically, they should be driven out of business by Eastern European farms. But on the other hand, we get a large amount of immigrants who are able to come in and abuse our welfare system, although I personally believe that's a problem with our welfare system, not immigration, but most people blame the immigrants. I personally think immigration is great for the most part.

Realistically, we like being part of the EU, but fucking hate the idea of the Euro, or as it's currently known, the Eurozone. But the fact is, our economy is very much dependant on the Eurozone not imploding, and we're getting fairly pissed off at Mr Sarkozy and Mrs Merkel (blaming a country (hint Flasche) for what their leaders do is poor tact) for not making up their fucking mind about how they're going to fix it, because they're too fucking bothered about their next election to realise that this is so much bigger than them, and that if the Eurozone implodes, the entire world goes back into recession.

11. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

I hope Austria gets out of the EU as soon as possible. If there was a referendum right now, a majority of Austrians would vote against the EU. There is no advantage for small, wealthy countries in being a member of the EU. Nobody wants a corrupt, undemocratic EU-federal state replacing the nation states.

12. flasche

because austrians are dumb fucks, they dont deserve better. fpövp did cost us a fortune, dont dare talking about corruption. and all because its about 6.5mio peasants in mind ...

13. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Classical example of listening to bullshit and not having any kind of ideology to explain world (only what few idiots in EU say which contradicts itself), I'll answer in detail later.

14. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Actually the main reason I support the EU is ideological, I like the idea that one of the most fractious and historically uncooperative continents can perhaps work together somewhat. I don't really expect the UK to get much out of being in the EU, but I would much rather we put money into it than say, throwing millions of pounds into africa as if vaccines and wells will really do jack shit to improve the place.

15. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

They shouldn't have formed the United States of Europe in the first place, the UN should've been enough in keeping countries cool and aided and funded and stuff.

16. Paradox

The United States of Eurasia! ( anyone getting the reference? )

17. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

did you know under the eurozone, countries lose their sovereignty? in some countries, 70% of the laws that are implemented in said countries are written up by EU officials with no say from the countrys' population or government.

the EU currency is going to shit. i heard the germans are starting to print deutsch marks again.

Europe crashing, United States sinking, Middle East in Turmoil, Animosity against China... all products of the New World Order to rule over chaos.

If money was backed by gold or have currency in the form of gold, we would not have this problem.

RON PAUL for 2012 republican presiential candidate. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

18. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

You heard wrong. That was some retarded rumour.

The issue is that the EU should have been there to provide free trade between members of it, to use subsidies to support countries and give them a level footing, and allow free movement without borders. It was never meant to involve changing laws, but somewhere along the line, this changed, and this is why people are getting wound up about the EU, because unelected people are dictating one-size-fits-all laws across every state which just don't work properly. It should have stayed what it set out to be, a fantastic idea to improve trade and cultural integration, not a unified state.

19. flasche

[​IMG]
    but damn it would be „novus ordo mundi“
    its the same bullshit as the flat earth society :rolleyes:

its a saying, i dont know if it translates 1:1 but, "opinions are like assholes, everyone has one" - well the sense keeps the same.

20. Paradox

Orde ab Chao!