Brenodi Shotgun 2 (Coil Gun) Concept

Discussion in 'Art' started by -Mayama-, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Zealoth

Zealoth Member

Maybe you should try it in a bullpup version? it's more hi-tech, so it fits BE, and makes that weapon overally better (longer barrel=more power and acc + bullpup = shorter weapon)
    [​IMG]

2. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Its a coilgun, not a gunpowder weapon.
    The more powerfull the magnetic coil is the faster (and deadlier) are the projectiles.
    It isnt build for accuracy, its build to paint a room or a wide area with small ultra fast metal balls.
    The back of the gun is basically nothing more than a big bulky battery that provides the energie for the coil.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2009
  3. Zealoth

Zealoth Member

The longer the coil(barrel) is, more power it has. And due to no gunpowder the bullpup got no drawbacks like shell casings hittin your face or fumes burning your lungs.

And you said yourself that it is supposed to allround weapon from OMGSPRAYZ to a quite accurate, but weaker thing.

IMO Chainsaw grip is riddiculous idea, it would be bitch to hold.

4. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

With accruate, I mean chose between accurate shotgun spray and sawed off shotgun spray.

5. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

why not show the coils at some part?

6. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Imo a round coil wouldnt fit the brenodi style.

7. Zealoth

Zealoth Member

then you know what? give it a mag like in P90, but with 2 feeding places.

1 for sawed off shotty (peas go through1 coil)
    2nd for accuratte shotty (peas go through 2 coils)
    [​IMG]

8. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

in my opinion it looks too heavy, like a big cannon

the shotty looks great but this one kinda lost that look a tiny bit and gained the image of an elephant in a porcelain cabinet

9. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

well its a big and mean gun

10. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

I agree with the p90 style magazine, but the 2 feed points is pointless, its not going to be noticeable ingame.

11. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

[​IMG]

random ideas, sorry i raped your concept but i didnt have much time to draw one myself based on yours

also the thing under the heat meter would be the part where the coil would be (turned in a spool with the centre hole facing the observer on this image, so if drawn on this picture it would look like a big "O")

Last edited: Jul 26, 2009
  12. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

If you want to add overheating, introduce it as a valid argument, not an element of an image.

IMO infantry weapons overheating is complete bullshit.

13. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

valid arguement?

it adds unique weapon to the game, makes choices of accuracy vs damage something more dependant on situation need instead of dependant on personal flavour

also heated bullets give a little more damage, close to overheating gives great damage but overheat = weapon cooldown required
    adds in lot of space for personal skill and weapon mastery to become existing but still in its base this weapon is just as usable for a newbie then for a veteran

it also prevents superspraying annoying wall of lead because of making the weapon unavailable to be used for a set amount

it is not a normal weapon, it is a weapon using a technique that is uncommon and totally different then normal hand weapons but since this requires lots of energy and this energy will be turned into heat by the spools and the friction of the high speed pellets this weapon if made in rl would also require a cooldown period or dedicated cooling system (look at LHC) maybe not as aggressive heat increase but gameplay over realism ^^
    and it fits BE, since BE is supposed to be more advanced technologically, but this also gives the technologically advanced a drawback that is believable (spools overheating due to overuse)

the only drawback i see is finding a NF counterpart that is just as cool and unique in its own way

14. Zealoth

Zealoth Member

I dont like the overheating idea really, maybe if it was 100%dmg on normal, and more when near overheating.

Maybe you should be able to use that heat in melee weapon?
    I would love to see Ultimate CQB (due to this weapon being totally useless in most cases).

Also i would like it to show ammo like grenades: 1 pack loaded, you got few additional, weapon shows battery and pellets on a display (maybe as percentage) //No one knows how much its spraying atm, so it makes sense imo

15. cHoCoBo lOl

cHoCoBo lOl Member

I don't think overheating would be a problem because the speed that the electricity would be discharged from capacitors into the actual coil and then leave would be too quick for it to heat up significantly.

Not to mention there would be a battery that would need to be replaceable if it's going to be fired so often. That would mean two different things to reload, unless you tried something like the weapons in Mass Effect where each shot fired scraped off a tiny shard from a block of metal and fired that.

Then there's the fact that it's firing pellets, which are useless against body armor except for kinetic force, so the gun would be useless against body armor over distance, rendering that accuracy setting useless against riflemen.

Also, would the sight be usable? If it would, it's relatively useless for CQB. As for the accuracy setting, I've never heard of shotguns working well over distance unless using some sort of slug, so wouldn't this be more of a rifle?

The last thing is that a coil has greater power the bigger the diameter of it is, not the length. Not only is it that, but the coil is better the shorter the length, and when there's two coils the accuracy isn't increased, the power is increased.

16. Zealoth

Zealoth Member

If you wanna argue with me, go ahead. I've spent few months listening about coils.
    2.Power of magnetic field that coil generates depends on: number of coils(directly proportional), lenght of entire coil (longer-less power) [that means the more dense coils are, the more power], and current.
    Other equations clearly state that more diameter means less power (ofc when rest parameters dont change)

BTW: GOD, I MISSED THAT.

and i meant something like that
    [​IMG]

17. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

Im kinda dissapoint you guys dont like the idea :(

i thought everyone would go omg awesome we want this because yea its kinda cool and unique and even makes it a usable weapon for newbies but a high skill roof for vets like you guys said you wanted

18. Zealoth

Zealoth Member

I just doesnt want useless weapon that goes BEEPBEEPOVERHEAT all the time.
    Maybe make it better when heated up instead of worse when cool? And reduce switch off time to like few seconds? It's supposed to be CQB weapon, 5 seconds there is ages.
    We could add some fiery effect when in red range.

19. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

better then heated up in stead of worse then cooled down is basically the same thing

i said X/5 of MAX POTENTIAL of damage, i didnt even tried to balance the damage just that it is less when cool fired and more when hot fired

the weapon damage reaches its max potential on near-overheat but its a dangerous way to fire this weapon in this situation because you could end up with overheating it and all the steam will make everyone see your weapon is bust and you need to grab for your sidearm while it cools

the switch off time is up to balance of course, but it should be enough to make you grab your side arm or make a run for it

20 to 30 seconds may indeed be way too much, still at least a bit more then 5 or so... it has to be seriously discouraged to fire the weapon into overheating or people will just fire away and hope the guy dies before you overheat

Last edited: Jul 27, 2009
  20. Zealoth

Zealoth Member

it shouldnt be longer that reloading normal weapon and it should have way more ammoz in one clip (but you cannot fire it at max pps and not overheat quick)