Big Bang Experiment | 10 September 2008

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by PredatoR[HUN], Sep 10, 2008.

1. Etova Kala

Etova Kala Member

I don't know what kind of experiment that would have to be for someone to kill themselves over it :eek:

2. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

having 2 bananas splat into each other at near light speed

figuring out what banana slipped over the other banana's peel would be like dividing by zero, and we all know where that leads to...

3. Hendar23

Hendar23 Member

Check this out! They have live web cams so you can watch the experiments in realtime.

4. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

sigh...

i really dont understand where all the fuzz is about, they have one of these things in the united states (only a bit smaller) but there is not a single person yelling "OMG BLAKC HOLZ IN USA LULZ :3"

in fact they are both competing about certain scientific "firsts" and the researchers/contractors at the American one have done nothing but discredit the European one in scientific magazines, and have aggressively placed these lies and false "possibilities"... and they have even the head start in the race since they are operating there machine for about a few months now, while the LHC isn't even fully operational if one team deserves to be ridiculed by idiotic, immature .gif files then its those unprofessional guys in the states... isn't scientific progression the only thing that should matter in these races?

5. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Sweet.. Red lamps..

6. Hendar23

Hendar23 Member

It was just meant to be, like, funny.

I'll get my coat...

7. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

Arrr it be funny the first 3 times me got linked at it, after that the frustration started to be buildin' up if ye lads know what i mean...

Merry be talkin' like a true grog soaked sea lubbin' pirate on talkin' like a true pirates day!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2008
  8. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

God willing, Lithium. God willing. I'm sick of all these namby pamby movies and games portraying us as all wussy and shit. Halo is BS-- if anything, we should be pictured more like in Ender's Game. What's that? Those slimy green bastards blew up a ship? Well let's nuke the alien homeworld!

9. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

I personally like the way we are portrayed in starship troopers, a bunch of hillbillies...

i like the comparison of the star ship troopers war and operation Iraqi freedom

10. Hendar23

Hendar23 Member

In the Halo story, the Covenant integrate all the species they encounter into their society. Except humanity. Anyone else notice that? They don't even try. They just see us as 'devils' who must be destroyed. :D In Halo, humanity is the badguy :D

11. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

depends on how you see it, the covenant made the first blow, obviously feeling threatened but still... that pretty much makes you the bad guy

the situation shows remarkable similarities with the scenario of the cold war going hot... communistic Russia being the covenant and the humans as the western world (actually just the united states)

besides, there are proof that the covenant did this (tried to) to other species, for example the "virus" lifeforms are treated extremely hostile by the covenant, i do not think they tried to assimilate them into there society...

the real bad guys would be the ones who made the halo's

12. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

If you know everything about halo, you'll know that they didn't integrate them because they're the descendants of the forerunners.

13. Hendar23

Hendar23 Member

Oh I don't know jack, I only played Halo 1. I just thought it was a cool idea.

14. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

The Gears of War backstory has us portrayed as the invaders if this article is to believe. :unsure:

15. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I thought I knew everything about halo (okay, i didn't read the books... that would have been a new low) but still....

humans come from forerunners?

16. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Well, it's one of the possible interpretations of the information given, the other being that they were similar and were found near the end of the forerunner-flood war. In either case, the forerunner considered humans their descendants, the reclaimers of their technology.

17. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

i heard they're making a halo 4, with a new story arc. perhaps set on reach, or back in time or something. anyway, yeah: forerunners.

18. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

can someone pour his version of halo in a nut shell? i didn't really liked the games besides the first (awesome untill late game, the other games where further downhill) but i liked the story

19. Empty

Empty Member

Irrefutable evidence, we are fucked good sirs:

[​IMG]

Sorry guys, grab your Rebel gear and some AR2 clips becuase we're in shit.

20. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member