Big Bang Experiment | 10 September 2008

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by PredatoR[HUN], Sep 10, 2008.

1. Hendar23

Hendar23 Member

Yeah I mean, why not wait and watch the fireworks? I'd make popcorn and pull up a chair.

2. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Being stuck in the event horizon won't be the best death either.

3. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

Because that is what the human race would do (has done, time after time after time again... read some Hawkins) if they had that situation

and besides, we were talking about THE resonance cascade...

4. Lithium

Lithium Member

If anything, Humans will be the invading space aliens on an unlucky civilization. Hell, just look at the colonial era.

5. Hendar23

Hendar23 Member

Don't worry, tidal forces would rip you to shreds before you got to the event horizon :D

6. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

exactly my point, and i believe that if we would find friendly natured aliens somewhere, and they would get a hold of our history they would ether ignore and isolate us but keep us under close observation while under isolation from the rest of the galaxy, or just wipe us out for the best of all the weak races, before we become to dominant and start taking colonies by force

this is my opinion on the matter

7. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

wow, this is scary. i had the exact same feelings as you lot, i litterally couldn't comprehend why someone would do that. i told my sister that the girl was an idiot and she actually explained it, bursting into tears half way through.

the girl is desperately unhappy. she hates to live in a world where people would risk destroying everything just for the progress of science. she doesn't want to live to see the people and places she loves torn apart, watch billions of people die in front of her eyes. she doesn't want to live in that world.

made me feel kinda bad.

8. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

tell your sister that the "bad" scenario concerning the lhc is made up by angry conservative Christians, the same from websites like these : http://www.icr.org/

it will not happen, people that want to destroy the world or are going to try something that might have a chance to destroy the world generally have a hard time finding funding

trust in science, it might stray sometimes but overall its for the better of humanity...

9. Brutos

But if my brain is pumped full of adrenalin, it could still get to the event horizon in one piece. And then feel absolute pain forever xD

10. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

no, adrenaline would help nothing, and even if it did you would feel nothing, because the signals would take an eternity to reach the correct spots in your brain,

it would most likely feel like being frozen, you will have no memory of the event, and your lower and upper brain functions just freeze to a halt making you braindead, in my honest opinion

11. Brutos

meh don't destroy my deam of a eternal life lol.

12. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I love that...she can't take living through the death of all those people, and yet doesn't really mind about all the deaths going on right now.

I mean seriously, has every one of you thought "yeah, well shit...I can't or don't want to do anything about all those deaths...except mebbe give a little money, so i'll just live my life and try to be the best person I can." ? Because if you haven't, then it's pretty much an insult to everyone ever living or dead, because you haven't even recognised the suffering in the world. You are living carefree...without care.

People using feelings like that are completely illogical, and are using illogical reasonings to justify the fact that they feel bad. When you find someone like that, you need to explain logically the thought process and not get sidetracked by your emotions.

People like to think that they can't do anything and that they "just can't take it", well shit, you deserve to be dead if you don't try. That's the #1 cause of suicide - where people feel bad and warp the logic around them, which only makes them feel worse. Cold hard logic might be hard to stomach, but if you follow it through, it always shows that you can do something and you have a choice, no matter what you think.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2008
  13. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

he has a valid point though, in my honest opinion

14. Silk

Silk Mapper

Some Greek hackers broke into some pc apparantly. According to CERN they were only 1 step away from being able to shut down some processes of the LHC. Guess some people are so afraid they think it should be shut down or something.

Dumbasses.

15. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. classic creationist arguement: "LOOK, THE SCIENCE ISN'T PERFECT (yet). ONLY GOD CAN EXPLAIN THE SHIT WE DON'T UNDERSTAND (yet)"... "god of the gaps" as it's known.

going into a black hole would mean moving through an area where the gravity on you in one direction is constantly increased. I imagine it would feel something like being put in a pressure lock and have the pressure slowly increased to 1000 times atmospheric pressure, or perhaps holding a tray across your back while people slowly put bricks on it, until you are crushed. then you'd get spagettified... and yes that is the scientific word for it.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2008
  16. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

ROOOOFL.

I lol'ed at that. <3 puns.

17. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

/sigh. You pretty much completely missed the purpose of the post.

What I was saying is that people are living in the world without recognising there's a lot of suffering going on all the time. If you don't realise there's a couple of hundred people dying every minute or so, then it's a bit insulting to pretty much everything.

That's it.

I think if you read the post it doesn't say "you guys haven't done anything compared to me", but I could be wrong.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2008
  18. Silk

Silk Mapper

Good, then you guys are even ^^

19. Sherbie

Sherbie Member

At first, I read the topic title as "Big Banana Experiment".

I lol'd.

20. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

Point, Natural Selection.