BF2 vs BC2

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Trickster, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Hendar23

Hendar23 Member

I believe in theory that motion blur could be well implemented in a game, but I've never played a game with motion blur that I didn't turn it off after five minutes.

2. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Console trumps PC for me these days; as I've said before, the couch (or recliner) beats a PC at a desk. THere are some games I still play PC only (essentially stuff like Dragon Age - RPGs and MMOs) and FPSes that I intend to play multiplayer...but that's it. My 360 is just less trouble - any console is less trouble. Does it say _____ console? If yes, game works. If no, game does not work. Halo ALWAYS works on my XBox. Mass Effect ALWAYS works on my xbox.

Moreover, I played Mass Effect 1 before it existed on PC...so I have my savegame files there.

....At the same time, I DID grab it on PC as well, and need to grab Mass Effect 1 as well...simply because Mass Effect 1 is fucking awesome, and everything I've read and coworkers say about 2 is that it's awesome...and I know the PC version of Mass Effect 1 had some tweaks (like removing the Unreal Engine's texture pop-in bug, and redoing the fucking Mako's controls...yuck. That, and a new inventory system....at the same time, Mass Effect 1 was my first 360 game pretty much...and because of it, I pretty much fell in love with consoles...it was VERY well executed, and incredibly fun. PC games for the most part have lost that - or exist on a console (and by my above statements, unless it requires a KB like Dragon Age, or is a multiplayer FPS, it's console for me.)

Doesn't the PC version have it's own achievement system? Like Dragon Age does (both Bioware games)?

I don't give a fuck about achievements. I care about the simplicity of a console...and so I play on my 360. If the PS3 ever gets more compelling (BluRay is hardly compelling....Heavy Rain and Uncharted 2 have me CONSIDERING a PS3) I might get one...but again, it's just plug and play simple....and more comfy for me.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2010
  3. Hendar23

Hendar23 Member

That would trump it for me too. If I play ME2 there is no way I could even think about starting it without a character I had imported from ME1.

4. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

why is having "own character" from me1 so important for you guys

there is a dozen of sites hosting saves and only few decisions really matters

i lost my saves due to hdd failure and i can't see a big diffrence

sorry for the offtopic

5. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

Using other people's save files just feels wrong, granted I've never played Mass Effect (crap computer, no X360) but something like Saint Row 2 I really can't imagine playing without my custom character.

6. Hendar23

Hendar23 Member

Totally agree. Especially as it is an RPG. I never finished ME1 either, so I'd miss half the story.

7. Z100000M

except you can modify looks and class, so given that that person made the same choices as you (its listed) theres practically no diffrence

@up, i cant see how thats revelant to what i said

8. Hendar23

Hendar23 Member

It just feels....wrong.

9. Empty

Empty Member

It just ain' right.[/engineer]

10. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Given that there's PLENTY of decisions aside from the ending....and that they might very well have an effect on Mass Effect 3 - which will build on Mass Effect 1 & 2 decisions...yeah, I'll take my own damn save games :)

11. decemberscalm

decemberscalm Member

Hey guys, this might be off topic, but, what are your thoughts on BF2 vs Bad Company 2?

12. Z100000M

plenty?
    very few actually matters, that is love interest, who becomes the councilman, who survives virmire, is wrex dead or not , is council dead or not

(other than that i think that the queen status will impact me3)
    others such as killing fist are purely cosmetical and add next to nothing to the game ( really, the lines of people you could save are so damn dull it hurts)

and most paragon chars have all paragon endings and vice versa, only problem is with mixed alligments

also if me3 have such a dull story as 2 (i damn dope not)
    and no im not convincing you to use them, do whatever suits your fancy

13. Hendar23

Hendar23 Member

Might be easier just to rename the thread. :D

14. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

So, again...not having played it I can't comment...but no one so far (until now) has complained about ME2's story. And since you weren't even able to spell "hope"....dare I trust your opinion?

As for decisions...the DLC had decisions...various people you let live...or kill. There are a ton they could play on.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
  15. Z100000M

for the love of anything that you believe in , i for sure know how to spell "hope", i have a damn "A" for a reason
    My 4 year old keyboard is to blame (yes ,it switches some letters, dont ask my how)
    me1 dlc's were quite good (at least bdts ),but it only impacts what you can hear on the galaxy news
    as for the story, yeah, i think that compared to me1 massive story, lore or whatever you can call it, me2 is just small and plain

16. Theowningone

Theowningone Noone likes me :'(

Hey, you fuckers, go make a thread. I keep checking this thread thinking its something relative to my interests and it just this shit.

17. decemberscalm

decemberscalm Member

Ok, sorry, I'll be back on topic now.

So what I disliked about the second ME, is that it wasnt anywhere near as funny as the first. Being an asshole in ME1 was just much more entertaining XD. I felt really mean doing it on the second one.

18. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Yes, ever since we realised that bad controls, kitchen sink design, and dev teams that don't really know what they are doing are all things which improve games by their absence.

i.e ever since games became big business.

19. Empty

Empty Member

And those huds and crosshairs really get in the way of my gaming experience.

20. Theowningone

Theowningone Noone likes me :'(

I like it when minimaps are off, its more cloak and dagger.