BF2 vs BC2

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Trickster, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Mr.Bungles

Mr.Bungles Member

funny enough, Aeoneth, i thought Bad company 2 was 24 players, just like bad company 1?

2. Aeoneth

Aeoneth Member

that so?

I was just going off of what Trickster said, TBH I've never counted as I'm usually trying not to get blown to bits/ shot to pieces/ run over / shanked

well you get the idea

3. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

It is. On Xbox360 & PS3.

4. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Dolphin diving, meet LordDZ

Lord DZ, meet Dolphin diving.

Worst shit EVER in BF2. Seriously, broken ass bullshit. Hated it. Glad they removed prone, for the most part.

Dice "fixed" dolphin diving like...20 times. I think every patch claimed to fix it. It wasn't a patch if it didn't say it fixed that BS. Dolphin diving was reason enough to ban someone from a server....and the hitbox detection was horrid. Not as bad as CS:S, but wretched. So many things wrong with BF2....

And Jets were one of them. The god damn chinese jet was SOOO overpowered....people would just rape in that thing. The real assholes would teamkill to get the jet too, which was worse.

Good riddence to jets and prone....they can be done right, yes...but not by DICE. So I'd rather see them gone.

5. Theowningone

Theowningone Noone likes me :'(

BC2 is still "Laggy with shaite connections", 120 ping and its near unplayable. Also BC2 has less weapons. Think about it, BC2 u always have the same gun, in BF2 your guns changed based on what team you were on.

So all that tips the balance to

BF2:
    Moar players
    Moar weapons
    JETS!
    Prone
    Laggy with shaite connections
    Awesome hitboxes
    *sarcasm*

BC2:
    No prone
    Destruction

Laggy with shaite connections
    Low player limit compared to BF2
    Too "Modern Warfare 2-ish"

So its tied, although as an avid player of MW2 i can say that BC2 is not at all like MW2 and the lack of prone is shitty when im getting shot at by a tank and i cant fucking hide. Dont get me wrong, i still like BC2 but it is in no way shape or form a better version of BF2.

6. OuNin

OuNin Member

I use the server list and I get pings as low as 30.

7. SupRore

SupRore Banned

BC2 is like battlefield for people who don't like neckbearded hardcore battlefield faggots and like seeing them in agony

8. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Any game will suck on a shit connection; Adding physics to the game's multiplayer mechanics will just exacerbate the problem.

Connect to local servers; if you're on 56k, you shouldn't be playing multiplayer games.

9. Theowningone

Theowningone Noone likes me :'(

I'm not saying it won't, but that doesnt mean bf2 should get blackballed for it while bc2 has the same issues.

10. Hendar23

Hendar23 Member

I tried that Realism Mod for BF2 and I was seriously impressed. It's not just the mod is good (it feels a bit like an ArmA game) but the players were actually (SHOCK!) acting mature.

I find the vanilla BF games are flawed by the simple reason aircraft totally dominate. I played for about three hours and I was constantly killed by aircraft. Constantly. Without warning. By aircraft I couldn't even see.

This was basically my three hour experience of BF2:
    Spawn. Dead. Spawn. Run ten feet. Dead. Get in a tank. Dead. Step outside. Dead. Run from cover to cover. Dead. Run ten feet. Killed by an infantryman! At last some variety! Veeeeeery carefully scan the sky. Take one step outside. Dead. Get in an AA gun! REVENGE FUCKERS!!! Start turning to attack distant plane...... Dead.

/ragequit.

11. Pope_Homeless_XIII

You're just unlucky :p , I was running the game at like 20 FPS on the lowest settings & rarely got killed by aircraft, snipers on the other hand can go to hell. I did love playing Commander in that game & calling down artillery strikes on snipers or dropping an ammo crate or jeep on them. My favorite tactic as a commander was to call down an artillery strike near a few enemies then drop an ammo crate to lure them into the falling shells.

Though as of right now I could personally care less about BC2, as I'm currently playing MAG ^^ .

12. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

There were plenty of times in BF2 where I cleared a server on my own, staying infantryman as a medic (not easy!) BF2142 was the same. Vehicles HELP, but don't give you 100% chance of success either. I had no issues on that front. Maturity wise, realism mods just do better. Little runts can't find the patience to deal with a slower game.

13. Hendar23

Hendar23 Member

Totally. I'll play it more later. I just have too many damn good games to play right now. And no time!

14. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

Project Reality

fun goes poof

realism breaks the game

15. Hendar23

Hendar23 Member

To each their own. :D

16. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Same here...I preordered Mass Effect 2 and have done little more with it than install it on my Xbox's hard drive. :-/

Not always; I find some realism games painfully boring. One hit, down you go...someone just sprays their M249 around and you all drop. Totally sucks. Some games do it right...Insmod did OK; project reality did it well...AA2 was OK, AA3 is painfully bad.

Etc.

17. Hendar23

Hendar23 Member

You got the XboX version? Dude. Why? Seriously?

18. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Achievement whoring of course!

19. Empty

Empty Member

because getting 10 minutes of motion blur when a bullet lands 15 meters away from you is AWESOME

20. arklansman

arklansman Member

I only remember the effect where your eyeballs roll in opposite directions.