BF1 On Sale

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by vipervicki, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Those "overclocked" version usually drops c/p a bit.

It's like 15% more cost for maybe 5% performance.

If you don't mind that little extra cost then sure, but honestly I'd just go for 6GB version at almost the same cost as that "overclocked" 3GB version.

If you don't care about that little performance improve then go for the cheapest.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  2. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

thanks security, lazy and thecreeper, I decided on this one because evga said its the best in its class, and the 6 gb is too much money for me.
    EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB FTW+ GAMING ACX 3.0, 3GB GDDR5, LED, DX12 OSD Support (PXOC) Graphics Cards 03G-P4-6367-KR
    oh and my bios already is a11 so need to upgrade it.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  3. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Honestly I see no reason to pick what you plan to buy.
    If you check Amazon again, your overclocked 3GB costs basically cost the same as 6GB version.
    https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-Support-Graphics-06G-P4-6163-KR/dp/B01IPVSGEC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1480718044&sr=8-1&keywords=evga+geforce+gtx+1060+sc&th=1

If my memory doesn't fuck me, 6GB uses better inner structure, it's not just more memory because honestly you don't need that much memory.

Over here in Taiwan, 6GB version is slightly more expensive than FTW+ 3GB, and 6GB is also 2~5% better AFAIK, so it's a gift for you that they cost the same on Amazon.

If you are seeking the absolute peak of c/p then you should go for that cheapest 3GB version ($199.99), if you want a little better than that then go for 6GB version($249.99, this is where c/p falls off real quick).

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  4. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

hmm maybe its the same price because the 3 gb is acx 3.0 and the 6 gb is a single fan acx 2.0?
    the 6 gb is the lowest end of the 6 gb 1060 cards..thats the same price as the 3 gb..

comparison of the 2
    EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 GAMING
    1506MHz Base Clock
    1708MHz Boost Clock
    120.4GT/s Texture Fill Rate
    6144MB GDDR5 Memory
    8008MHz Memory Clock
    192GB/s Memory Bandwidth
    Warranty: 3 Years

EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB FTW+ GAMING ACX 3.0
    1632MHz Base Clock
    1860MHz Boost Clock
    117.5GT/s Texture Fill Rate
    3072MB GDDR5 Memory
    8008MHz Memory Clock
    192GB/s Memory Bandwidth
    Warranty: 3 Years

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  5. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

It's just extra cooling, TBH they aren't being designed to fry themselves. (it's not Samsung)

I got myself extra fans because I wanted to overclock my shit, if you don't have the need then don't spend a penny on extra cooling.

6. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

It's not just extra cooling, the single fan cards tend to have the fans spin faster to cool properly, so it ends up being a bit louder compared to a dual fan card. Dual fan cards after all not only have that extra fan but a larger heatsink so if you are just doing light work the fans might not even spin at all. At least that's how it goes on my 950.

If the case is under a desk or it's loaded with case fans anyway you might not even really notice the single fan card spinning up, so honestly it's up to you if you want to spend extra on some quiet. Security is right though, single fan cards will work just fine for several years so you don't have to really worry about endurance on them.

7. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

You'll need 6GB if you want to use it in the foreseeable future.

8. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

thanks X and lazy, I cancelled the 3 gb and ordered the 6 gb last night after talking with security.
    I'll have it Monday.

w00kie likes this.
  9. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

my card was delivered last night and I had no idea so it sat out there all night in the rain UGH.
    But I installed it this morning and so far so good. Since it only has 1 HDMI port, I ordered an adapter so I could hook up my second monitor.

Ill test out BF1 soon and see if there's any difference.

w00kie likes this.
  10. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

Holy crap! The graphics in game (BF1) is amazing its 3D so glad I got this card..thanks everyone who helped me decide.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
    w00kie likes this.
  11. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

I didn't know they made a 2D version of BF1

12. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

don't know but it looks dimensional to me ..it blew me away, not sure what it is. I'll see if a screenshot can capture what I see.

w00kie likes this.
  13. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

bf1 does not have screenshots unless you are in spectate mod, which Im trying to find how to use it so I used Nvidia experience but can't fine where they went lol I will try to find them.

14. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

I finally figured out how to take a ss and where geforce puts it, it even looks better in game. and from what I read the soliders are 2D

Attached Files:

TheCreeper likes this.
  15. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

The water droplets on the weapon are neat, I wonder if they shift around depending on how you move.

16. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

dont recall but the breeze blows the plants and foliage it looks so real in game.
    I still cant get over what a difference having a better vid card makes, its huge.