Beginning to command

Discussion in 'General' started by MartinPL, Apr 13, 2017.

1. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

i thought we are going on about making a tutorial? or rather tell people what we find important for commanders. there is always time to learn.
    as i said a few posts ago, you gonna take risks at first, at a point you just will need to jump in the cold water, noone can safe you from that.

and with risks i mean to fuck it up completely. but thats cool, i doubt any of the guys that are considered good comms never horribly fuck up a (or rather multiple) games.
    the difference between the good and the bad ones is what they make out of the failure.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  2. MartinPL

MartinPL Member

I hate when new page is created... i hope you checked my edit from post because i'm curious.

3. flasche

honestly i have no clue what apcr translates to but its the last gren upgrade, the rest is correct :D

4. MartinPL

MartinPL Member

Le fu, i even f up that... what really short i should mention is Armour percing composite rigid round and Armour percing capped round... and i'm a tank guy... Ultra dishonour. Kill. Me. Now. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armor-piercing_shell
    So.... if i'm on offtopic, what gren full name of this upgrade is? Composite rigid rounds or even more something magical? :D

5. flasche

thats what the scripts say

"(Technology: Infantry Weapon) Develop armor-piercing composite rigid shell to be used in Grenadier missile launchers. This allows infantry missiles to carry a devastating armor-piercing round, increasing the damage output by 23%."

but dont worry too much, a lot of people just say "do we have gren upgrade?"

6. MartinPL

MartinPL Member

So for sake of greatness of everything, name it APCRr (double, different size r's to know it is Rigid round, not Capped round) so it goes cleanlier for freaks like me that means Armour Percing Composite Rigid round/shell... (seriously, no. It is just my World war 2 tank freak and i just mentions that for whatever. :P)
    (Still i feel ultra embarrassed for f up it. I'm means a lot for me, because APCR's are late kind of rounds than APC. Often APC rounds in games are often waste of time. When in doubt use Russian APHE, Stalin flavoured ones :P)

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  7. flasche

well its relatively new and i dont think theres a truely established term yet. only time will show what will make it into empires' book of history.
    i guess "'upgraded gren" or "(2nd) gren upgrade" are hot candidates.

the first upgrade btw is called "enhanced grenadier missiles", i dont think i heared it ingame yet though.

8. MartinPL

MartinPL Member

I would just write "2nd gren upg"/"last gren upg" What i'm now interested is throwed around "ninjas". Only things that tingles about that is old flashbacks when you just need a mg turret and a radar to make CV stuck... sometimes with assist of walls. I think now it doesn't work due to propably changes in collision model of CVs...
    Additionally i gonna go to sleep, i had zero sleep... Well this discussion is fun atleast for me. :)

9. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

I think you are wrong in so many ways because you lack experience.
    Id write it all down but it wouldnt matter.

10. flasche

@MartinPL
    originally "ninjaing" referred to sneaking upto an unaware enemy commander as gren and instakill him with 9mines.
    then comm got more health and you needed to sneak up, drop 8mines, and fire a rocket into his ass.
    now comm has even more health and neither of the above works anymore.
    a stack of 8mines stips the cv of his back armor, but it still needs quite a few rockets to finish him off, even with apcr. (you can artystrike spam him though if you are fast enough and the comm is too slow to react)
    the only occasion this still works is when you 9mine the nf cv at the center of its back, there is a chance it lands upside down and takes damage from it. but even the slightest push from a vehicle or a turret placed close to its hitbox will make it turn around again. its not nearly as reliable as it once was.
    so basically, "true ninjas are ded"

there is a 2nd use in "ninja rax", where it refers to a rax behind enemy lines of which the enemy supposedly is not aware of.

some people use "ninja" for anything that happens behind enemy lines, but imo thats nonsense. a "ninja scout" for example is bullshit unless he gets a ninja rax up somewhere.

11. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Theres still 1 true ninja way to kill the enemy cv with only mines. But only dem real OGs now how to do it

12. flasche

im listening

13. MartinPL

MartinPL Member

Updated the opening post a little, probably badly, but i tried ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

D.D.D. Destroyer likes this.
  14. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Check
    If you look closely in the games code, you a part of my soul is etched into the binary section.

Go fuck yourself, I am going to be the biggest bitch ever and the only thing that will satiate my man child personality is getting me fucking refineries.

Hello darkness my old friend, only the most qualified of retards are allowed to drive the short bus and the monster truck.

You know after coming back to this game, this is one of the things I hopped to seen to be upgraded vs all the bullshit research and flavor of the month armor and engine.

Here is some Big Boss BigTeef advice. (Aka big boss big jew, aka retard, aka Josh, aka screeching autist, aka big daddy, aka headshot master.)

Learn your goddamn tech trees first before getting in the retard mobile.
    Get a piece of paper, sticky notes, note pad. And keep this shit in front of you.

My default engine and armor.
    1. Electrical engineering,
    2. Reactive armor,
    3. Advanced Magnets,
    4. 3 phase motar.
    For maps with very little room to move around.
    1. Chemistry
    2. Improved heat fluids
    3. Advanced coolant
    4. Electrical engineering
    5. Reactive armor,
    For when my team is shit and can't deal with overheating.
    1. Mechanical Engineering
    2. Gas turbine engine
    3. Electrical Engineering
    4. Reactive Armor

I recommend reactive armor unless the situation rises for something different.
    You're team will most likely screech at you.

Here are my weapon builds after you get an armor and a engine.

Brenodi:
    1. Physics,
    2. projectile physics,
    3. Heavy caliber machine gun,
    4. Extended range cannon,
    5. Medium tanks,
    6. Tracking systems,
    7. Guided missiles, ( you can swap out for bio missle under bio and biological weapons but that will take little bit longer)
    8. Heavy tanks.

Northern Fuckheads:
    1. Biology,
    2. Bio weapons,
    3. Bio cannon,
    4. Tracking systems under electrical,
    5. Guided or homing missiles (I strongly prefer UML under chemistry warheads)
    6. Medium tanks,
    7. Biological projectiles,
    8. Heavy tanks.

Medium tanks are under mechanical engineering, upgraded chassis, and heavies are under advanced chassis.
    Get Grenadier missiles 1st then tank chassis upgrades.
    Gren missiles are under upgraded and advanced
    chassis next to the tank upgrades.

After you get heavies, you are free to get whatever the fuck you want or what the team needs. They will most likely screech at you what they need. I say plasma because I want to see more plasma used because fuck the other team.

Here is the golden rule that people like to aruge semantics and throw bullshit situations at.
    You are more likely to win if you have more money than the other team.

And the only way to get more money is to take their fucking refineries.
    Refineries are more important than com rushes and com ambushes.

More money = more tanks = more pushing

Last edited: May 3, 2017
    MartinPL likes this.
  15. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

And remember, whatever you do, whatever you research:
    It is always your fault.

Even when the team has 0 map awareness.

16. BigTeef

Every single goddamn thing is BigTeefs fault, don't let them blame you.

[​IMG]

Blame me, I am the cancer now.

17. MartinPL

MartinPL Member

@BigTeef Well, if everything is your fault, then YOU ARE THE GLORIOUS RUSSIAN BIAS! ONWARD COMRADES!
    Well only thing that kills me from moving forward to do something more than ""Be a commander? maybe not now? There is still people better than me"" is that ugly research tree created by someone who only can make things weirder. I miss times when research tree was fully visible so you could actually think about it than just memorize it, like some weird memo game.
    @LordDz_2
    Yup i know that. Well, always, no matter what much you do in game, just sit into commander van for a second and boom! You are reason why we are loosing.
    People sometimes need small amount of Gulag to learn that they aren't 'Α' and 'Ω'.

18. BigTeef

It was always memorization; You never had previews. That is why there are pictures of the tech trees you can google so you can look at the trees outside of the game.
    In empires, you cannot sit there and read and learn about shit in the command vehicle. You are racing the other team to getting good tanks.

Research takes priority before the fundamentals because of how easy the fundamentals are compared to research tree meta.
    Somebody needs to make a research tree in paint.net (that is free real estate) and keep that shit updated whenever new research is added to the game or moved around. Everything on google is outdated.

[​IMG]

This is the most recent one in our wiki in the top right.
    I nominate the person who keeps fucking with scripts and balancing.

Last edited: May 3, 2017
  19. MartinPL

MartinPL Member

As far i see, there is weird things about "good tanks". Mostly, enemy have those :P
    Well i still don't get many things, thats why i stick out from any chance to be a commander for now. Example? Why NF heavy have ML fetish? What kind of armor can stop 6-ml setup in NF heavy? What dual cannon for berondi deals enough DMG as Tank vs tank vehicle?

20. BigTeef

That is entirely depended on the current patch and doesn't have a concrete answer. That is always subject to change. This is why flavor of the month resarch pisses me off because they keep focusing on resarch than other aspects of the game.

Make a goddamn pentagram and Pokemon that shit so people can keep adapting their research instead of getting the same shit every single fucking match because its the most viable because of monthly patches.