[be][vehicles][medium Tank]

Discussion in 'Showcase' started by -Mayama-, Aug 28, 2009.

1. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

[​IMG]

Model might change complety because its a stupid copy of
    a german leopard tank (one of the most used tanks worldwide),
    the turret is long as opposed to the other new BE models and
    its uncreative, boring and doesnt give the mod its own personality
    if you copy or use existing tanks as basis for models.

EDIT: red is the main reason why i dont think it should look like a real life tank

Last edited: Aug 28, 2009
  2. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

I rather like this general design. Its alright it if looks similar, just change it as needed. It needs a great deal more detail, however.

I still question the need to redo any of the BE models as they all look quite decent even by todays standards and the team has limited resources.

3. Kylegar

Kylegar Specstax Rule

Honestly, This model is the one I like most for the BE. It fits them perfectly.

4. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

- The tank is/was a copy of a real world tank.
    - It doesnt realy fit into the car pool cause it has not the same basic design
    - Using copys of real life vehicles is the cheap and easy way that, in the end, makes the design of a game random and exchangeable.
    - Why to make new stuff if no one really seems to bother anyway.
    -Last time I played Ut3,fallout or crysis i cant remember that I thought "Uh the empires BE vehicles are at the same standart"
    -At least half of the Be low poly models are made by someone that has
    absolutly no clue what he did, BE MED has 2 turrets, 6000 polys for wheels on the arty asf...

I dont get why theirs such a "I dont care anyway" atmosphere here.
    Whats the reason to make new models and streamline the design if almost
    no one seems to really care and the majority thinks "uhhuhuhu we implement
    whatever we have"... Now theirs extra a section on the forum for those models
    and stuff because some people seem to have problems in using the "artteam" forum
    where they have accounts and access to all the model threads for a long time now...
    But still I dont see any posts here. Their are no guidelines for nothing and nobody
    really seems to care. See jeep post. Lets take the jeep as an example. Is obvious that
    it needs to be discussed how many seats, mounted gun and so forth that thing has
    but yeah lets make it randomly dont think about game balance and mess the gameplay even more.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2009
  5. arklansman

arklansman Member

If you want it to have personality then give it personality. It can have the same silhouette but look completely different from a real leopard tank.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2009
  6. zenarion

zenarion Member

Push turret backwards more. Make a back-pushed turret something that most BE use, just as your APC and AFV have their turrets, and in contrast to the NF LT.

7. Angry

Angry Junior Member

At first I was opposed to the design but I got to say this still runs off the old Design and keeps the theme. Plus the original Med was just a exact mockup of the German Leopard 2A6. I still think the designs of the Gunship, Dropship and heavy are terrible because they are out of place.

German Leopard 2A6 MBT
    [​IMG]

Your to keep the design, the reason we use Real world references is because empires is an alternate earth. Because giving similar designs gives us something to relate to in real world conflicts of present and past.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2009
  8. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

I didn't realize how exact that copy was. Could use some changes.

9. Empty

Empty Member